Freeze/Kill Shape Macro

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Mars3110

Freeze/Kill Shape Macro

Postby Mars3110 » 03 Oct 2017, 17:05

Hello everyone,

I want to know if there is a way (other than these ones) to freeze some shapes with a button (which could be either latch or flash) stored on a playback. Even a more complex scenario : freeze all shapes that are running at the moment on the console.
Same questions to kill/release shapes.

I thought it could be done with macros, but I definitely didn't find any real solution. And I don't want to have to store all my shapes with speed at zero, I want something that works with any shape added even after having made this freeze/release button.

Would be a great idea to add a real command to pause a shape (from Shape Generator, Pixel Mapper and KeyFrame Shape) in Titan. It's a cool tool for busking… and Avo is the console for busking shows, so it has to include this ! :wink:

Thanks for your help !
niclights
The eManual

Re: Freeze/Kill Shape Macro

Postby niclights » 03 Oct 2017, 17:58

If you want to kill shapes you can use the block shapes. Just create a playback with all fixtures running 'Block All Shapes'. Firing this will stop all active shapes and killing will restore (inc. with flash/latch).

If you want to pause you could use speed masters.
Mars3110

Re: Freeze/Kill Shape Macro

Postby Mars3110 » 03 Oct 2017, 18:48

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I thought about the Block Shape. You're right, it's the option to go to kill all of them temporarily.

So there isn't a possibility to pause all shapes with only the push of a button, the only option is the speed master.

Would be nice to add a second type of Block Shape that pauses the running shapes.