TT simulator

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

SLS

TT simulator

Postby SLS » 27 Dec 2018, 18:49

Hi All, am I correct in thinking that you cannot switch versions in the TT simulator only on the actual console.
Reason for my question is that a venue has an older TT1 and will not be updating so all their shows are in 9.1 if I edit any of their shows using the simulator it will be converted to V11.1 so then not usable on Ver9.1 :D
Is there a way to do this or have I now got to have 2 version of the simulator on different laptops !
sideshowbond

Re: TT simulator

Postby sideshowbond » 27 Dec 2018, 20:32

there is a tool under
https://www.avolites.de/support-downloads/titan-switch
that let's you install multiple versions side by side. Most important thing to know: you have to start installing the PC Suite with the lowest version number you want to use (e.g. 9.1 first, then pull the version into the Switch Repo and install the next version of Titan). I've been using it for quite some time and it works really nice.

That said I wouldn't do this on a show critical laptop...
SLS

Postby SLS » 28 Dec 2018, 08:08

Hi thanks for the info. I have used this before and yes works well but only for Mobil and titan 1. I think that using it on a real show file a bit risky.
sideshowbond

Postby sideshowbond » 28 Dec 2018, 09:35

this should in theory work for the TT Simulator as well as that is part of the same package as TiMo and T1. I use it with T1 Sim for testing and preprogramming and works like a charm.

Even when running the actual show on a TT1 I'd use the T1 simulator as it has the buttons and faders on screen...