Move through Set list by macro?

This is a place for people to chare the custom macros they have written.

Moderator: Moderators

Danar2004

Move through Set list by macro?

Postby Danar2004 » 18 Feb 2017, 19:57

Hello,

I'm preparing full MIDI controlled show and I'm trying to set up the right song in Set list by MIDI right now. Do you know, how to control Set list via macro please?

Thank You in advance for answer :)
Danar2004

Re: Move through Set list by macro?

Postby Danar2004 » 18 Feb 2017, 21:19

Hello again,
I succesfully made a macro, which steps to next or previous track in cue list. Would be enough, but I'm thinking, if there is better solution.
The ideal solution for me would be, if it is possible to choose the track number depending on the MIDI note velocity.
I would use just one MIDI note to select track in Set list and its velocity means the number of track. For example, when the MIDI note C0 comes to console with velocity 10, Set list will change to track number 10. When comes C0 with velocity 5, it changes to track 5.

Don't know, if is this possible, but I know, that I'm not experienced enough to develop it :)
riscster

Postby riscster » 27 May 2017, 00:54

I don't think this will be possible unless you get Avolites to add a

Code: Select all

SetList.FireTrackByIndex
or

SetList.GetTrackHandleByIndex
action. Currently FireTrack takes a TrackHandle and there's no way to get one without knowing its titanId.

Dear Avolites - If you're making changes in this area making

GetSetListTracks
menu visible and providing a

Object Math.ElementAt(IEnumerable enumerable, int index)
would make life easier.
cmundyvt

Postby cmundyvt » 09 May 2018, 17:51

I have two questions:

1. Is there any update on this that I am missing from another forum post maybe? Would love to just have a macro fire each set-list page. Especially since my set-list pages have the a "Release All Held Over" and "Fire Firs Playback" Macros attached.

2. I'm newer to this console and while I've grasped on how to record macros, I can't seem to make a macro that makes it so playback 2 (and 3-6) fire at %100 intensity. They fire but even with the fader up they never go to %100 like the "Fire First Playback" macro does in playback 1. How do I record that macro for %100 cue-list intensity on the specific playbacks down the line? Hopefully that makes sense.

I'll keep searching the forums more, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm also in the same boat of trying to fire everything midi. Problem is I'm our LD, I write all the tracks, and do music on stage each weekend. So I'm trying to just have it all fire from midi/abelton and not have anyone back on the console pushing faders or anything.
cmundyvt

Postby cmundyvt » 09 May 2018, 18:42

As I sent an email out to someone asking I just figured out an idea. You may laugh, that’s ok haha. I essentially turned my page mode into set-list mode, made the midi fire the "page up" button, and added another note that will fire the next cues/go button. It works, fires the first playback how I normally do it in set-list mode, and everything is good to go!

Essentially my set-list macros are "Release All Held Over" and "Fire First Playback." It works great and hopefully that helps anyone in the future.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 09 May 2018, 20:46

Maybe a coded macro would help - there are some suitable functions available since Titan 10,1, e.g. SetList.FireTrack(Handle trackHandle) or SetList.NextTrack().

More information about coded macros are avilable in a new wiki: http://www.avolites.de/wiki/macros:intr ... _to_macros

I am happy you found a solution - if you need some more help then please let us know.