Tiger Touch problems

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Lightbyme

Tiger Touch problems

Postby Lightbyme » 27 Dec 2012, 13:28

I can´t power down the console with the power button on the left of the touch screen.
i have version 6.1 now, but it didn´t work on 6.0 or before that either.
now i always have to power down the console on the back.

And my other problem, I have an external touch screen liyama prolite 15" touch T1532SR-B1. It worked fine before. But since i installed version v6.0 it dosent work with the touch. and now on version 6.1 it´s picture when i start up the console but after a few sec it turn black, and doesn't work at all.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 27 Dec 2012, 17:51

Does the power button turn it on ok?

For screen have you installed drivers?
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 27 Dec 2012, 20:48

Sound like the console doesn't output the required resolution - the T1532SR can only handle 1024x768 px. Open the windows display settings (Tools Menu->Control Panel->More...). Make sure windows does detect the screen correctly. Set windows mode to 'extend desktop'. This way, you should at least have some output.

In order to use touch functionality, you would need to install a seperate driver which is not exactly encouraged by Avolites - but this is discussed elsewhere in this forum.
Lightbyme

Postby Lightbyme » 29 Dec 2012, 14:38

niclights wrote:Does the power button turn it on ok?

For screen have you installed drivers?

-The power button don't work at all. I have to use The button On The back.
If The button is "on" The console starts directly when i Connecticut power.

Hmm but The drivers must have been in The console before, in earlier versions of titan. Why have avolites take them away? Sounds stupid...
Lightbyme

Postby Lightbyme » 29 Dec 2012, 14:51

icke_siegen wrote:Sound like the console doesn't output the required resolution - the T1532SR can only handle 1024x768 px. Open the windows display settings (Tools Menu->Control Panel->More...). Make sure windows does detect the screen correctly. Set windows mode to 'extend desktop'. This way, you should at least have some output.

In order to use touch functionality, you would need to install a seperate driver which is not exactly encouraged by Avolites - but this is discussed elsewhere in this forum.

Thank you, now i have picture again :D , now i Only need to get The touch work.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 29 Dec 2012, 16:06

If anything has changed regarding drivers then it is more likely to be Microsoft's fault ;)

If the power switch does nothing then I am confident it will be a simple hardware issue. With power disconnected open the console and see if any wires have become loose, either at the switch or the motherboard end.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 30 Dec 2012, 12:13

You may find a little discussion regarding the drivers here: http://www.avolitesshop.co.uk/phpBB3/vi ... php?t=2164

I must admit I too find it awkward that touchscreens which were not only supported, but also recommended in v5, are not longer supported in v6. Nic, can you try to get some info which displays are natively supported now? The general info 'all that are W7-compliant' is not exactly helpful...
EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 03 Jan 2013, 17:51

Hi all,

We went from XP embedded to Win 7 with the release of V6, hence why the installed drivers list, which as Sebastian points out, was minimal due to the number of touch screens only supporting win 7, have changed. The illyama drivers you need to install will be fine, the reason installing external drivers can cause issues is due to the amount of time and effort our software department have spent in ensuring that the touch screens in the consoles operate as the primary device and the correct orientation - a lot of other drivers will decide they're the primary device and so mess up your desk display.

As has been mentioned, any touch screen which labels itself as 'Windows 7 compatible' will be fine.

For the hardware problem, if you contact our service department on 0208 965 8522 Lee can talk you through some options, and help you order spare parts.
Emma Thompson
Training and Events
Avolites