Error on expert desk

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

ljmartijnw

Error on expert desk

Postby ljmartijnw » 08 Mar 2012, 16:08

I've got this error in my Pearl Expert. I'm doing a new install tomorrow, but maybe something else is wrong..
This is what it says
An error ocourred wich could not be logged! We where unable to recover from this error so the software will close !

Original Expectation:
System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Cannot create instance of ‘ExpertPanelServer’ defined in assembly ‘Pearl Expert Professional, Version=5.0.29.5,
Culture=neutral, PublicKey=null’. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Error in markup file ‘Pearl Expert
Professional;component/ExpertPanelServer.xaml’. --- > System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. --- >
System.TypeInitalizationException: The type initializer for ‘Avolites.Shell.ShellManager’ threw an exception. ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException:
Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Root element is missing. (C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Application Data\Avolites_Ltd\Pearl_Expert_Professional_Url_baz2zf5vwhifjn3rmlc2s13ngmriye2w\5.0.29.5\user.config) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root
element is missing.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at System.Configuration.XmlUtil..ctor(Stream stream, String name, Boolean readToFirstElement, ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.ConfigurationSourceSection.GetConfigurationSourceSection()
at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.ConfigurationSourceFactory.Create()
at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Logger..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace---
at Avolites.Shell.ShellManager.GetVisionString(FileVersionInfo fileVersionInfo, Boolean fullInfo)
at PearlExpertTitan.ExpertPanelServer..ctor()
---End of inner exception stack trace---
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor,
Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstaceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibillityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstace(Type type Boolean nonPublic)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.CreateInstanceFromtype(Type type, Int16 typeId, Boolean throwOnFail)
---End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Windows.Markup.XalmParseException.ThrowException(String message, Exception innerException, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, Uri baseUri,
XalmObjectsIds currentXalmObjectsIds, XalmObjectsIds contextXamlObjectIds, Type object Type)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(ParserContext parserContext, Int32 line Number, Int32 LinePosition, String Message, Exception
innerException)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ThrowExceptionWithLine(String message, Exception innerException)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.CreateInstanceFromType(Type type, Int16 typeId, Boolean throwOnFail)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.GetElementAndFlags(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementStartrecord, Object& element, ReaderFlags& flags, Type&
delayCreatedType, Int16& delayCreatedTypeId)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.BaseReadElementStartRecord(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementRecord)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadElementStartRecord(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementRecord)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadRecord(BamlRecord bamlRecord)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.Read(Boolean singleRecord)
at System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilderBamlTranslator.ParseFragment()
at System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilder.Parse()
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContect pc)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)

There's more text under this, but they did not send it in the email I received.
Thanks!
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 09 Mar 2012, 18:45

Hello,

This means that one of the configuration files has become corrupted. Running the recovery disc should resolve this problem alternatively try the following.

To resolve this, please delete the configuration file, this file will be automatically regenerated with the default settings when the console is next started. The configuration file can be found under the directory C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Avolites_Ltd, you may need to enable ‘Show hidden files and folders’ in Folder Options to make the directory visible. Delete the directory which starts with Pearl_Expert_Professional or TigerTouch to remove the configuration file and restart the console.

Gregory
ljmartijnw

Postby ljmartijnw » 09 Mar 2012, 19:49

Thanks Gregory recovery worked just fine so the weekend is saved. Had enough time to program my show for tonight! But when it happens again I can try you solution!
ljmartijnw

Postby ljmartijnw » 12 May 2012, 09:48

And it happend again. Ran The recovery again, And works just fine again, but as you can see its just 2 months ago since it last happend.
Can Avo take this in the bug fix list? Or can something else be wrong with my console?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 12 May 2012, 12:00

I'm not sure if the software could cause (or fix) this. Although perhaps there's a way to make it more resilient?

Is the console always shutting down properly?
ljmartijnw

Postby ljmartijnw » 12 May 2012, 12:04

Its always shuts down nicely same as start up all good in my opinion. It's just an inconvenience, cause I need to recover it once a while.
mrfozieo

Postby mrfozieo » 22 May 2012, 21:54

My console has been doing the same thing. I keep the console on a ups, and I always shut it down correctly. I will have to try finding this file.
ljmartijnw

Postby ljmartijnw » 02 Jun 2012, 14:07

And it happend again..
Removing the file worked, but is off course not making me happy.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Or wait for 6.0 and cross the fingers that it won't happen before show?
EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 06 Jun 2012, 18:01

This is being looked at, just to keep you up to date, we realise it's not an ideal option for the long term.
Emma Thompson
Training and Events
Avolites
mrfozieo

Config File Issue

Postby mrfozieo » 17 Jul 2012, 17:00

EmmaThompson wrote:This is being looked at, just to keep you up to date, we realise it's not an ideal option for the long term.

I have been following this thread for a few weeks now, and I was wondering if there were any updates to this issue. I currently have two desks with a config file issue. I have replaced the harddrive and powersupply in my expert desk. The quick fix works, but you are right it is very inconvenient.

Thank you for your support.

Andrew
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 17 Jul 2012, 18:39

v6 has been designed to be tolerant of faulty config files.