[Help]Avolites and PadKontrol

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

StageProVN

[Help]Avolites and PadKontrol

Postby StageProVN » 21 Nov 2011, 07:43

Hi all,

I 've bought brandnew Padkontrol , but i don't know how to make it works with my Tiger Touch. Could you pls explain me :

* how do i connect it ( use midi cable ) with my TT

* how do i assign cue to the pad like this photo below :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/KR_Gvn/MS054.jpg

Thanks

StageProVN
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 21 Nov 2011, 07:48

Hi,

- you'll need Titan v.5 on the desk
- please refer to the manual, section 10.4: setting up MIDI triggers is covered there
StageProVN

Postby StageProVN » 24 Nov 2011, 07:58

Hi,

I followed 10.4 . Add new mapping , and then add trigger . I choose trigger type item. Then choose blue playback button which has already assigned cue. Trigger type is Midi . And after i added it , how can i use padkontrol to fire the cue? or assign to the button on the padkontrol?

Do i need to config in the padkontrol?
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 24 Nov 2011, 10:47

Here is (coarsely) how I do it on a BCF-2000:

(1) make sure your MIDI-desk/pad is setup correctly (I admit I at first failed: the BCF-2000's factory default is to work as a USB fader board). Refer to the pad's manual. Additionally, you might open USB Expert Console on mobile's computer, select 'Titan mobile Dmx Panel 1' in the left pane, select the 'MIDI' tab in the right pane, select 'Watch MIDI', and check correct MIDI signal is received by the desk/computer.
(2) Now on the Mobile, first make sure you are on a page where you have access to already programmed cues. Once in system mode, you cannot toggle pages.
(3) switch to system mode, select 'Triggers'
(4) create a new mapping, give it a name
(5) click + in the right pane to add a new trigger. Softbuttons should show (as a starter) 'Trigger Type: Item', and 'Function: set level' (you might try other options once familiar)
(6) click the blue button of the cue to trigger
(7) now the softbuttons should be labelled 'Add', 'Trigger Type MIDI', 'Learn: On' etc. If not, hit the blue button (step 6) again
(8) now make your MIDI device outputting the desired signal: raise the fader, press (and hold) the button... In Titan Window you must see the MIDI level with a blue rectangle.
(9) click on 'Add', to add the trigger to the current mapping

I hope this gets you started
StageProVN

Postby StageProVN » 24 Nov 2011, 13:25

Hi,

I know how to test the midi signal on the desk . Because i use another machine to send the midi signal to my desk . But with the padkontrol , i connected it to my desk via midi cable ( out on pad to in on TT ) . And i go to midi watcher on DMX panel 1 , it displayed nothing. I think i have to set up something in the pad to send the midi out to the TT . I tried to press some buttons in the pad but on the midi watcher screen displayed nothing.

(5) click + in the right pane to add a new trigger. Softbuttons should show (as a starter) 'Trigger Type: Item', and 'Function: set level' (you might try other options once familiar)

With my padkontrol , it only has soft button , so i need to change function : set level to after touch? ( i tried but doesn't work )

(7) now the softbuttons should be labelled 'Add', 'Trigger Type MIDI', 'Learn: On' etc. If not, hit the blue button (step 6) again

I know this menu , it has more menu like Value , Min level =0 , Max lv =255 . What does it use for?
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 24 Nov 2011, 14:48

And i go to midi watcher on DMX panel 1 , it displayed nothing.

Doesn't this indicate there is something wrong with the PadControl? Maybe its Manual is of more help. Sorry.
I know this menu , it has more menu like Value , Min level =0 , Max lv =255 . What does it use for?

This is for special purpose, like a threshold, or limiting something
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 24 Nov 2011, 15:08

I had a quick glance at the Korg manual - please check it yourself at http://www.korg.de/uploads/tx_softwarec ... A_EFG3.pdf

Initially the PadControl comes with some preloaded scenes (which assign MIDI commands to the keys/pads). Try loading Scene 16 (velocity on all pads)...
StageProVN

Postby StageProVN » 25 Nov 2011, 09:07

Hi ,

finally got it . I used power adapter and it works . No need to config in the padkontrol . Just connect these with midi cable and follow the manual .

Thanks

Stageprovn
peter.rodda

Postby peter.rodda » 29 Nov 2011, 11:07

I'm going to try this myself with the BCF-2000 tomorrow, but I'm now a little confused... I had though that I would connect the BCF to the computer via a usb cable... now it seems like it should rather be connected to the desk via a midi cable? (I will be using TM)
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 29 Nov 2011, 11:20

AFAIK should be MIDI on the Mobile.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 30 Nov 2011, 09:04

Peter, you should go into the MIDI In on the Mobile. I did this several times now.
peter.rodda

Postby peter.rodda » 30 Nov 2011, 09:36

Hmm, ok I'll have to buy me a midi cable tomorrow. I have a BCF-2000, and a novation midi controller I use for video mixing (it has a bunch of faders, drum pads, pots and encoders).

Will I be able to use the bcf faders as extra playback faders? With other consoles that had midi support I could only use faders for on/off commands. And will I be able to use the drum pads as extra encoders? And I've always wanted to put CMY on 270 degree encoders and mix colours like that :)
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 30 Nov 2011, 18:44

Hi Peter,

- BCF faders as extra playback faders -> YES
- drum pads as encoders -> how? velocity as level? probably yes, but not tested myself
- encoders for colours -> yes: create colour cues (cues containing only single colours), put them to mode 2, and assign the midi encoders. should work, cool idea!

gimme a shout if you're stuck!

Sebastian
CSmithDesign

Postby CSmithDesign » 30 Nov 2011, 20:54

icke_siegen wrote:Hi Peter,

- BCF faders as extra playback faders -> YES
- drum pads as encoders -> how? velocity as level? probably yes, but not tested myself
- encoders for colours -> yes: create colour cues (cues containing only single colours), put them to mode 2, and assign the midi encoders. should work, cool idea!

gimme a shout if you're stuck!

Sebastian

Woah, that's awesome! I figured that the faders would work like Peter did originally.

The BCF2000 looks perfect for me (I love lots of faders...), but do you guys know if there's a MIDI controller that's similar, just with more faders? Or do I just need to buy multiple units?

Thanks.
peter.rodda

Postby peter.rodda » 30 Nov 2011, 21:08

Ok, so one last question that I am really interestead about... How to the motorised faders on the bcf work with Titan? And with page changes do they all zap to the running levels?