Titan Mobile to Enttec Open DMX Ethernet

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

rabeiler

Titan Mobile to Enttec Open DMX Ethernet

Postby rabeiler » 11 Mar 2011, 22:50

I have an Enttec ODE interface which is designed to work with Artnet. I can successfully use this with another software program on my ipad so i know it works. I am trying to get DMX line 1 to output Arnet. I added the Arnet node to Line one and set the IP address to the IP address of the ODE node but I am not getting any DMX output from the ODE box. If i fire up my ipad and enable arnet from the program on it, it works fine.

I am making sure that the ipad is not trying to drive the same node, but I still cannot get it to work. What am i doing wrong?

ross
Ross Beiler
Freelance Designer
Ephrata Performing Arts Center
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 11 Mar 2011, 23:45

What is it you're wanting to achieve? If it's just Artnet output then simply use the Ethernet port on the machine running Titan. You don't need a third-party interface.
rabeiler

Postby rabeiler » 12 Mar 2011, 02:15

The laptop is networked with the Enttec ODE unit. The laptop (Titan Mobile) is in a control booth were all the dmx lines are used up. I am trying to get Titan to connect to the ODE node, send it ArtNet so that the ODE can convert it to DMX on stage.

I am trying to run another DMX line up to the control booth.

Ross
Ross Beiler

Freelance Designer

niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 12 Mar 2011, 11:46

Is the Titan laptop set to use the same IP range as the Enttec box? For example if Enttec = 10.x.x.y then laptop must be 10.x.x.y (where y is different on each device).
rabeiler

Postby rabeiler » 12 Mar 2011, 12:06

Yes they are on same range. Laptop is 192.168.100.100. Enttec ODE is 192.168.100.251.

The network address shown inside of Titan is the 192.168.100.100, not the "default" adapter.
Ross Beiler

Freelance Designer

niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 12 Mar 2011, 13:47

All sounds like it should work. Are you running through a router/switch? If so can you access the gateway from a browser (assuming it also has a web interface). Alternatively try pinging the Enttec box and/or switch if used. These would all be possible methods to determine if the laptop can communicate at all with the devices and understand if it's a networking issue or not.
rabeiler

Postby rabeiler » 13 Mar 2011, 21:00

Enttec comes with a software program that you can access the node with. Running from the same laptop that Titan is running from, it finds the node without any issues. I really needed this working last night. The DMX run from control booth to the stage was too long. Fortunately, one of the product guys had a dmx splitter that we installed in the line to get everything to work. Have another show there in about 10 days and really want to have this worked out. I will post some screen shots early this week after I sent things up again in the office.
Ross Beiler

Freelance Designer

rabeiler

Postby rabeiler » 14 Mar 2011, 19:30

Thanks to Avo support I have this working with a crossover cable between the laptop and the Enttec ODE. My guess is that my router (Cisco home version) is doing something that is causing the issue.
Ross
Ross Beiler

Freelance Designer