Manual Control of Cuelists and Chases do not work

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Danny Middelburg

Manual Control of Cuelists and Chases do not work

Postby Danny Middelburg » 30 Jan 2011, 16:54

Dear Forum users,

Since a week we're the proud owners of an Avolites Pearl Expert v4.0 with touch wing!

All the new options are very handy, but I found something that I would like to change...

When I make a Cuelist or chase, I normaly could stop it with the stop button and then control it manualy with the Next en previous (<- and ->) buttons.
It would react nice and thidy.
But when i do this in Titan v4.0 it reacts slowly and it has got a lot of latesy.

Why is this and how can I solve this problem?

Ps: I've thried al sorts of options like Edit times and playback options but nothing seems to work...Is this then a bug?

Yours,

Danny Middelburg
Westcoast Sound & Light
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 30 Jan 2011, 17:58

For chases it is to do with the delay in time. Set this to zero with no xfade and you can get the steps to snap but unfortunately this has the adverse effect of making the chase run very fast when not stopped.

I agree it's different behaviour to Classic where manual control would ignore delay in time. Personally this is how I think it should work, but for now there's not much I can suggest other than knowing in advance whether you want to be manually controlling or not.

With cue lists I don't think you can use the chase controls like that. Instead they set which cue will fire on go. To go backwards you can assign a 'go back' key to the grey or blue playback key. Otherwise it's all about delay and fade times again - zero on both for snaptastic.
Danny Middelburg

Postby Danny Middelburg » 31 Jan 2011, 08:26

Ok, I understand this but I really don't like this change, do you know where I can report this so they could fix it in v5.0?
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 31 Jan 2011, 08:55

Have you tried the keys 'SNAP NEXT' and 'SNAP BACK'? Seems they do exactly what you're asking for.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 31 Jan 2011, 10:49

I don't think those keys work for chases, do they? With cue lists snap back will stop on the first step.

You could add this request to the Titan FR sticky so it can be found easily.