Generic RGB fixture on Expert Titan V3.1 Viz

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

iadwm

Generic RGB fixture on Expert Titan V3.1 Viz

Postby iadwm » 24 Jun 2010, 11:56

I'm using the Generic RGB+Virtual Dimmer personality on an Expert Titan V3.1 , it patches in Vis as Gen_RGB_LTP but the RGB channels default to 255, so white beams when the fixture is off. Editing the value via light properties in design mode caused 'odd' results ie didn't work! This was just to try and get them to go off.

I've checked this on my PC Vis and although it defaults to white, using light properties to change the RGB values does work.

What's the simplest way to get this working on the desk?

Also, I have Futurelight SC780 fixtures on the desk working fine, but they don't show at all in Vis - this means the Vis personality is wrong doesn't it?

Regards,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 24 Jun 2010, 18:24

I'm finding much confusion in this area too.

What I can say is JTE Pixelpar 660 does work correctly as a basic 3ch RGB fixture.

If you want autopatch then you can edit the personality so that 'pearlref' in the mode section points to this instead. Ironically the fixture won't autopatch correctly for a Pixelpar itself since the channel mapping doesn't match. Not sure which is wrong though or I would log the relevant bug.

Futurelight SC-780 doesn't have a vis fixture yet and therefore no file to reference for autopatch. It looks very similar to the 980 though, so you could adapt one from that or just request it. Either way you need the relevant pearlref in the personality for the autopatch to work.
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 24 Jun 2010, 19:14

Thanks Nic...

Just to be clear the Pearlref appears in the Expert personality, so it can reference a Viz fixture to autopatch?

I can't see pearlref in Modes / Personality Builder.

Cheers,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"

John Peel

www.iadwm.com
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 24 Jun 2010, 19:22

Yes. Sorry, I've just seen that this has been renamed in the v2 interface to 'classic pearl reference'. Same difference.
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 24 Jun 2010, 20:17

Either something is fundamentally wrong or I'm being fundamentally stupid!
I can't see Pearl Reference appear anywhere....

I was thinking perhaps this option only appears with a personality loaded. I can't get it (Personality Builder) to open or even find Titan personalties! This is PB V2.1 running on the Expert.

Cheers,

Andy

John Peel

www.iadwm.com
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 24 Jun 2010, 20:30

The references are set per mode as they would almost certainly need to be different for each. So the option is not available on the root menu but rather on each mode as you click on it.

Can you expand the bigger problem? When you try to open files is it pointing at the correct directory (/Program Files/Avolites/Titan/Fixture Library)?
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 24 Jun 2010, 22:03

I suspected it was the stupid option....
All became obvious when I got the personality loaded - ie when the file type was put back to D4!

So I changed the pearl reference to JTPPAR66. Restarted everything and got nothing, Vis didn't autopatch the JPPAR66 - I checked the objects list.
Went back to check the personality and that had JPPAR66 referenced in the right mode.

Almost time to give up?

Cheers,

Andy

John Peel

www.iadwm.com
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 24 Jun 2010, 22:26

It has to be the device name, not filename:

JT_PPAR_660