Titan User settings problem

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

ChiekuRs

Titan User settings problem

Postby ChiekuRs » 19 Aug 2009, 20:41

Hello!
At first I didn't notice this, but while going trough Titan 1.2 manual second time I noticed that User settings window (from Tools menu on VDU screen) doesn't have all tabs that are shown in manual. As You can see in manual there is General tab with 2 sub-tabs - Chase options and Midi timecode, and Panel tab with sub-tab Wheel options. On our console I can see only General and Panel tabs without any sub-tabs. And available options in these tabs are less than shown in manual.
Software is freshly installed from Titan 1.2 recovery disc.

And also - desk lamp intensity adjusting from User settings (accessed by turning key to System) doesn't have any effect - lamp is always at full intensity. This problem was also in pearl classic software. This can be software or hardware related problem?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 19 Aug 2009, 22:34

Sounds like a mistake in the manual. I've not read the 1.2 version yet but I seem to remember there was a disclaimer in the original manual about some functions not yet implemented etc.
Regardless, the options you see are correct. The others I think are a legacy of original D4 software. Effectively there's probably nothing that needs to be set here at the moment.

Desklamp intensity should work fine though (in both Classic and Titan). Perhaps there is a hardware problem? I assume you are using normal filament-based lamp and not LED? You can test via Usb Console - select Screen Panel on the left and then find whichever tab it is on the right that gives control sliders.
ChiekuRs

Postby ChiekuRs » 20 Aug 2009, 09:25

Thanks for fast reply.
Now it's clear about User settings.

I'm using filament-based lamp and not LED. Controlling from Usb Console doesn't work so I assume it's hardware problem. I will take console to our local distributor to see what's wrong.
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 21 Aug 2009, 19:06

Nic are you certain that desk lamp level is implemented in V1.2?

It doesn't work on mine either and I'm sure I read somewhere that desk lamp level and LCD brightness and contrast were to be implemented.

Just checked, it's mentioned in the 'Moving from Pearl to Titan' document, but it does say features targeted for V1.2.....

Were is V1.3 anyway?

HTH

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 21 Aug 2009, 19:40

Yes I'm certain. Checked working both as upgrade from 1.1 and direct from 1.2 recovery. And it has always worked from usb console.

Clearly something's up though! Does LCD contrast/brightness work ok?

Details of next version are highly classified. Although rumours have it that it was spotted jogging around Hyde Park last weekend. Fitness is critical. 1.2 has only just been let out. Please make it feel welcome!

/edit: As an afterthought, is your panel software up-to-date? Might be relevant.
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 22 Aug 2009, 03:55

I'm pretty sure that the contrast/brightness control was grayed out when I tried it, that's why I thought it wasn't implemented.

What version should the panel software be? And if it is out of date, where can I download it? Is is self extracting?

Cheers,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"

John Peel

www.iadwm.com
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 22 Aug 2009, 11:50

You have to select the screen panel on the left to get access to the controls in usb console.

Panel software is contained within and updated from the usb console. Whenever you update the software it instructs you to do this although I can't remember what happens from a recovery install. If you don't know how to do this instructions are in the upgrade and installation manual