Clear resets preset on other page.

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

ljmartijnw

Clear resets preset on other page.

Postby ljmartijnw » 01 May 2009, 19:02

Hello everybody,
Last week I worked on a gig and walked into the following problem:
I had all my 60 dim channels on page 2 of the console and alle my moving lights and other toys on page 1.
Here comes the problem: During my show, in run mode, I've got a couple dimmer channels opened in the preset. When I press clear in page 1 all the lights at page 2 will fade out and leave the preset.
Is there an option in the user settings that I have to turn of or is this just bad luck?
I have a sollution for my own problem, but I don't want to have to think about going to page 2 to press clear. I want to press clear whenever I want to press clear...
Anybody with a sollution?
thanx
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 01 May 2009, 20:34

This is an age old problem on Classic. The design is to make it easy to clear fixtures from other pages when programming, but it can be a disaster for operating.

Unfortunately there is no solution other than to plan your patching/programming to take this into account.
Typically I tend to prioritise anything I am likely to need access to during a show on page 0. ie. front/keylight/specials. Also, I have developed a habit of immediately switching back to page 0 after changing pages for palettes.

Titan currently does not clear presets and the next version will have a toggle to function in either mode.
ljmartijnw

Postby ljmartijnw » 02 May 2009, 11:53

Well the design got a point there, when you look on it from a programming point of view.
Just have to get used to look which page I'm clearing in.
But puting important stuff on page0 can be a good thought.
Thanx
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 02 May 2009, 16:24

LOL - that old chestnut!

This is a situation where being in the habit of pressing <clear> works against you...

As Nick said, also be in the habit of returning to page 0.

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 05 May 2009, 11:37

In Titan there is a option to disable this but in older software versions you are stuck with it. Sorry
Avolites Software Team