help with patching from simulator

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Juno

help with patching from simulator

Postby Juno » 20 Mar 2004, 19:58

i hope this is the right place to ask. i've been trying to patch from the online simulator, and i guess i mustn't be doing the right thing.

i first patched the first 30 channels on preset faders 1-30 with no problem. then I tried patching channels 31-60 on preset faders 31-60 but when i return to run mode, i can't find those channels on the programmer window when i raise their respective faders.

[what i've been doing is this: i tried latching the AVO key by right-clicking it, then latching preset swop # 1 by right-cicking it too (to patch a group of keys) to no avail, so i patched them one by one (latching the AVO key with each new channel!)]

still, like i said, once in run mode, the indication for channels 31-60 doesn't appear on the programmer when their faders are raised whereas it does appear for channels/faders 1-30.

anyone?
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 25 Mar 2004, 18:29

The problem is that the blue faders in the simulator do not appear to work. Thank you for identifying this problem and we have added it to the list of problems to be released in the next version of the simulator.

Alternatively you can raise the intensity by selecting the fixture using {shift}{swop} and then using the wheel.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Olie
Avolites Software Team
Juno

Postby Juno » 26 Mar 2004, 16:58

actually, i managed today to get a hold of a pearl board and checked first hand that the patching had indeed been working properly.

thanks anyways for the reply

i just acquired a second hand copy of msd that i would like to see operate with the simulator using the new avo software, so it's real important to me to see that beyond its little bugs, the simulator works properly.