MIDI - pearl

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

maxmaff

MIDI - pearl

Postby maxmaff » 04 Apr 2007, 22:50

Hi,
I want to connect my Pearl with visualizer, I've made my own cable (midi to RS232). When i try to configure the midi setting to visualizer (on Setting menu) the midi function is on disable and if try to change it to visualizer it goes only on slave mode and the pearl doesn't work more. I have to wipe all hardware.. :(

is it a midi problem on my console? may i check it?

thanx a lot for help

PS: my board is a borris1 and the software version is 1.2

Massimo (IT)
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 05 Apr 2007, 16:25

Hi - did you follow the Avo instructions for making up the RS232 cable?

Look again here...
http://www.avolitesdownload.com/Downloa ... aliser.stm

There is a .doc file "How to check the RS232 lead" that gives you full instructions on how to test comms between the desk and PC.

HTH

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com
maxmaff

Postby maxmaff » 05 Apr 2007, 18:14

hi,
thanx.. yes my cable is made in the right way ;) and with patience i've found the problem.. now it's working with visualizer...

but there is a strange thing.. when i change in the midi menu from disable to slave to master to visualizer.. it takes few MINUTES for changing and the consolle is slowing down (as stopped) till I go to the visualizer and after it works properly. From disable to slave to master it takes more then 5 minutes pro page.. is it normal? can i do something different?

thanx a lot

Massimo (IT)

iadwm wrote:Hi - did you follow the Avo instructions for making up the RS232 cable?

Look again here...
http://www.avolitesdownload.com/Downloa ... aliser.stm

There is a .doc file "How to check the RS232 lead" that gives you full instructions on how to test comms between the desk and PC.

HTH

Andy
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 05 Apr 2007, 19:01

It's a well known fact that the desk slows quite dramatically when outputting to Vis, down to the amount of info it outputs and the Pearl can't keep up. But I've never heard of it taking that long to change options!

It is probably related to the Boris 1 board, but I wouldn't like to say for sure...if it works ok after it sorts itself out, you may just have to live with it. Have you tried a <wipe all> since getting the two to talk to each other?
Or maybe re install V1.2?

Does the slowdown stop when you disconnect the RS232 cable?

Regards,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"

John Peel

www.iadwm.com
maxmaff

Postby maxmaff » 07 Apr 2007, 18:50

thanx for answers.. my board is Borris1 as u said, when i work with vis.. it's working very fast (similar to dmx show) it only stay "idle" on midi option slave and master.. (few minutes as i told you) ;)

i have tried wipe all software and hardware. I didn't tried to reinstall V1.2 I will.. THANX

I knew my avo was "special" ahah :) if I remember well it was the first Pearl come in italy about 1997

PS: i left a post about borris1 and keyboard qwert internal socket, how to connect an external qwerty keyboard (pinpatch).. do u know something about this? can u help me again?

thanx a looooot

Massimo (IT)

iadwm wrote:It's a well known fact that the desk slows quite dramatically when outputting to Vis, down to the amount of info it outputs and the Pearl can't keep up. But I've never heard of it taking that long to change options!

It is probably related to the Boris 1 board, but I wouldn't like to say for sure...if it works ok after it sorts itself out, you may just have to live with it. Have you tried a <wipe all> since getting the two to talk to each other?
Or maybe re install V1.2?

Does the slowdown stop when you disconnect the RS232 cable?

Regards,

Andy
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 10 Apr 2007, 01:30

Sorry Massimo, I can only comment on experinces with my own desk which is a P2004-Borris 3. I'm sure Avo will post a reply to your keyboard post or try emailing them direct...

Regards,

Andy

John Peel

www.iadwm.com
maxmaff

Postby maxmaff » 10 Apr 2007, 12:19

tanx a lot :)

Massimo