Adding new vis files

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

mjdj

Adding new vis files

Postby mjdj » 30 Oct 2006, 22:14

Hi,

I have just requested the vis file for the showtec rainbow par can. I have now got the vis files but i cannot get them to work in the visuliser. I have put the vis files in the extentions folder and the r20 files in the personalities folder but I cant see them in the visuliser anywhere, they show up in viswiz though. Can anyboy help me.
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 01 Nov 2006, 08:12

Hi,
Firstly, I have to say I am no expert in personality files, so some (or quite passably all !) of the below, may not be correct.

Secondly, the change I made, now makes the vis file work.

In the .R20 personalty file, there is a numeric that describes the mirror type (moving head or moving mirror). It is set to 0 this may be a mistake or it may have some meaning to a desk - I'm not sure. Either way Visualiser needs to know if the fixture is a M Hd (1) or a M Mir (2).
As the Showtec PAR .R20 is set neither a "1" or a "2" it won't appear in the fixture list for patching. Even generics and strobes are patched as Moving heads.

To make the file appear you have to edit the .R20 AND re save the .VIS extension via VisWiz.
Locate the Personalty file (SHRPARM1.R20 for mode1) and open it with Notepad. Look for the text...
; Mirror/Head resolution
MIRROR 0 0 0

change the first 0 to a 2 and save the file. Do the same for the other modes if required.

Open VizWiz and open the file SH_RbwParM1, expand all branches and click "Save .Vis file", save without changing any directories or names. Repeat for the other two modes.

When you open Vis, the three files should be available to patch in M Hd.

HTH

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com