Personality files

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

watty

Personality files

Postby watty » 17 Jan 2020, 15:43

Can anyone help with the following regarding location and selection of personality files?

I am keen to understand a few points regarding personality files:

1. Is there a way to confirm which personality file a patched fixture is using in a show. i.e. Whether it is using the factory personality or a specific custom personality?
2. If I patch a fixture and there are there are two custom personalities (if you can have two or more) will I automatically have a choice to chose between the factory and custom personalities when patching?
3. If I create a custom personality and save it, what steps would I need to take to apply the custom personality to a set of fixtures which were previously patched using a different custom or factory version?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
phb

Re: Personality files

Postby phb » 17 Jan 2020, 16:22

1. User personalities have (User) appended to the fixture name. You cannot easily otherwise determine the actual file from which a personality was read.
2. You cannot have two custom personalities with the same name for a given fixture.
3. Use exchange.
Pete Bridgman :: Avolites
Gregory

Re: Personality files

Postby Gregory » 17 Jan 2020, 16:36

You can also look in the Personality tab of the Fixture View window to see the history/comments for the personality. It is usually good practice to add these to personalities that you have changed, all factory personalities will include an entry for each update.