Macro

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

watty

Macro

Postby watty » 08 Jan 2020, 18:06

Can anyone help on this one?

I have a Titan Mobile with V12.1 running. I have a haze machine and I want to record a macro and save it to an executor button to give a 20% pulse of haze for 7 seconds.

So I started recording a real time macro and turned on a playback that is stored in a playback window that gives 20% haze. I left it on for 7 seconds, released the playback and finished recording the macro.

I then copied the macro onto an executor button. Pressed the button and it appeared to work. The thing is, if I change playback page number and press the executor button again, it fires whatever playback is in the same position on the new page.

I am sure it worked at some stage previously so am I doing it incorrectly or is something not working correctly?
Gregory

Re: Macro

Postby Gregory » 08 Jan 2020, 18:31

Recorded macros always work like a physical key being pressed so whether it is on the playback faders or in the Playbacks window if you pressed the fifth button along, it will always press the fifth playback along on the current page. You could work around this by locking the playback handle so that it is shown on all pages or by writing a macro by hand (editing the XML) to specify a specific playback that way.

However I would suggest an easier way to achieve this would be to create a two step cue list, the first cue sets the level to 20% and the second cue back to 0% and this cue is set to after previous with a time of 7 seconds. You should be able to press the cue list button again to re-run the first cue, if you don't want the cue list to remain active you could add the factory Release Me macro into the second cue.
watty

Postby watty » 08 Jan 2020, 20:20

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. I will give the cue list a try.

Are there any tutorials on writing/editing Macros?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 08 Jan 2020, 21:01

You can check out the macro section of the forum or icke_siegen has put together a Wiki.
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 09 Jan 2020, 15:30

There would be a elegant macro but I think it is a simple solution.
Why don't you make the macro "handle paging locked"??
"Playback options" >> select the macro >> "Handle Paging Locked"
sideshowbond

Postby sideshowbond » 10 Jan 2020, 10:37

kimwida wrote:There would be a elegant macro but I think it is a simple solution.
Why don't you make the macro "handle paging locked"??
"Playback options" >> select the macro >> "Handle Paging Locked"

This would be the sledghamer way...

The OP sounds as if what he actually needs is a cuelist.

Doing this with a macro I'd do it via user number and code it.