Titan Remote V11 problems

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

oaksld

Re: Titan Remote V11 problems

Postby oaksld » 26 Sep 2019, 20:10

Has there been any updates or solutions to this problem? I am getting ready to start my busy Christmas season and would really love to have the remote working again. I sent my show file in sometime ago but haven't had any response.

Thank You
phb

Postby phb » 27 Sep 2019, 11:59

We've used a number of the showfiles we've been sent to try and improve the reliability of the remote. There will be a new version of the remote released alongside the upcoming release of Titan V12, which will include a number of the fixes we've been able to implement. We expect that this will significantly improve reliability for many users.

Unfortunately we haven't been able to get to the bottom of every reported issue with the remote in the time available, but we have tested every showfile that users have sent in to determine what issues remain, and we hope to fix as many outstanding issues as possible in future minor updates to the app after the V12 release.

That said, our testing has revealed that the vast majority of showfiles that we have been sent do now load without issues, and so we would encourage users to try the V12 app when released.

Sorry I can't be more specific right now, but as I say do look out for the V12 app when it is released soon.

Hope this helps,
Pete Bridgman :: Avolites
oaksld

Postby oaksld » 24 Oct 2019, 15:55

I have downloaded the V12 Titan Remote for Android but it still doesn't work.. it just keeps trying to load the show. Is it designed to work only with the Titan V12 software? I am still running 11.4

Thank You
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 24 Oct 2019, 18:29

You need to use the same version of the Titan Remote app as the console/software you are connecting to, so the v12 app will only work with Titan v12.0 running on the console.
oaksld

Postby oaksld » 26 Oct 2019, 02:00

That's what I figured... now if I could just receive the AvoKeys that I ordered over 3 weeks ago I'll be all set!
oaksld

Postby oaksld » 05 Nov 2019, 02:53

I got V12 up and running today but not much luck with titan remote... all I get is unknown device on my android but my tech gets everything fine on his iPhone... could there be a bug in the android version?

Thanks again for any help!
phb

Postby phb » 05 Nov 2019, 15:07

Did you follow the steps described in the FAQ for the Android Remote? There's a bug in Android which makes this necessary at the moment, unfortunately.
Pete Bridgman :: Avolites
oaksld

Postby oaksld » 06 Nov 2019, 14:08

I had not seen that.. thank you for the link! It's definitely a roundabout way of doing it but it works! :D

Thank You
GregorJ

Postby GregorJ » 15 Dec 2019, 10:23

Hi,

I am having a problem with Titan Remote on my Quartz console. I was using it normaly for two years, but when I upgraded console to version 11.4 Titan Remote is unable to see my console. I cannot connect it to my phone and I tried using same router and phone on my other dest (Titan Mobile) and it works fine.

Is there anything that I need to change or adjust in my Quartz?
Thank you for your help.

Gregor.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 23 Dec 2019, 18:40

As discussed previously there are some known connection issues with Titan Remote, some of which are improved in version 12 however some are related to issues in some Android versions. There aren't really any settings on the console for the Remote, the only thing is ensuring your IP addresses and subnet masks are correct. Some issues are related to the show file loaded on the console, larger files or shows with particular items for example. Do you have more details of your setup, such as the make, model and operating system version of your phone and what recovery version is installed on the Quartz?