Colour Palettes

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

watty

Colour Palettes

Postby watty » 23 Oct 2019, 12:32

I would like to check that I am understanding correctly how colour palettes work when busking.

If I have a playback running that includes colour, and I apply a different colour via quick palettes (no fixtures selected - just a playback running) will that palette colour remain until the playback is cancelled and re-started?

In other words, is there a way to "release" the palette colour change back to the playback colour?

At the moment I have created a large number of colour playbacks that release when cancelled so I can temporarily change running playback colours but this is a lot of extra work if I could achieve the same result with palettes.

Many thanks in advance for any feedback.
kimwida

Re: Colour Palettes

Postby kimwida » 23 Oct 2019, 17:48

This is why I've made my busking playbacks into two step culists.
I used to use release of playbacks to get back pre-playback's colour when I've busked. But if I use some quick palettes with playbacks in busking, sometimes I can't predict the playback's release result. Because the quick palettes remain.

So I've made the playbacks to two step culists which have same colour in each step. Now if I want get back pre-playback's colour at the busking, I just hit the pre-playback(two step culist) again. I change my busking style.

Bad thing is many playbacks active and releasing the playbacks is tedious but a custom release macro helps.
Discoqueen

Re: Colour Palettes

Postby Discoqueen » 08 Nov 2019, 22:06

watty wrote:will that palette colour remain until the playback is cancelled and re-started?.

yes, the color remains