MIDI not detected

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

SkyDrum

MIDI not detected

Postby SkyDrum » 03 Jun 2019, 17:50

Hello everyone.
I have a Titan One and I would like to link my Ableton Live with Titan.
For that I spent MIDI through the network, my PC gets the MIDI (I checked with Pocket MIDI)
The problem is when I want to create a trigger on Titan no MIDI input is detected (the Learn On is activated)
Do you have any idea where it could get stuck?
Gregory

Re: MIDI not detected

Postby Gregory » 04 Jun 2019, 02:31

Titan only supports receiving MIDI via the physical 5-pin DIN port on Avolites hardware. Unfortunately this means it is only possible on the Titan Mobile or above. The option is still shown in the menu as the base software is used across all the Titan consoles.
SkyDrum

Postby SkyDrum » 04 Jun 2019, 09:47

Thank you very much for your answer, it's been a while since I was looking for and I didn't find this information
kiko_9199

Postby kiko_9199 » 18 Oct 2019, 18:49

You have also the "Osimidi for Titan One" application that,for a price, you can add up to 5 devices to connect with the TitanOne software.
The only thing that I don't like is the faders of Titan One, because when you change the page, the fader stays there and don't reveal others faders under it. When you have a midi device with motorized faders and you want to change the page, the faders go to positions of the handles in the other page (like others Titan consoles), but with Titan One you can't get that... :roll:
If Avo team see this, is an upgrade that you can do? (Modify the way executors work)? Thanks
phb

Postby phb » 21 Oct 2019, 11:53

Osimidi does not use an official interface to Titan; not only do we recommend against users using it, we provide no support for it as it could cause instability in Titan up to and including application crashes.

Users wanting MIDI input using any Windows DirectX MIDI device (including USB MIDI and Network MIDI devices) can use these on all hardware from the newly-released T2 upwards in Titan V12.0.
Pete Bridgman :: Avolites
phb

Postby phb » 21 Oct 2019, 11:54

On the question of handles staying visible when you change page, please investigate the Handle Paging options (See section 8.6.2 of the Titan V12.0 manual).
Kang sool

Postby Kang sool » 21 Oct 2019, 16:07

dear master, if I buy a titan 2 dongle, what is the software to be paired with ? how to pairing midi control to the windows 10 operating system
phb

Postby phb » 22 Oct 2019, 12:01

I'm not sure I fully understand, but there are no special extra pieces of software required to make Windows (DirectX) MIDI work with T2; simply install the PC Suite and the drivers for your MIDI device and (as long as the device is compatible with Windows DirectX MIDI) it should work with no extra pieces of software required.