keyframe shapes act as chase (wait for go)

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

htevents

keyframe shapes act as chase (wait for go)

Postby htevents » 31 Aug 2019, 08:58

Does anybody know if there is an option to get a keyframe shape to wait for go? I have 12 fixtures with colour wheel and want to bumb a colour over the base colour. I can do that very easy with the keyframe shape generator (frame 1 is bump colour and frame 2 is base colour, then set spread to 3 for an example). The problem then is, I have to link it to the BPM speed to match the song playing, but if it is a live band, the BPM will fultuate, so I want to "tap" trough steps manualy, like a chase set to "wait for go". Is that possible?
icke_siegen

Re: keyframe shapes act as chase (wait for go)

Postby icke_siegen » 31 Aug 2019, 13:50

For this scenario a chase is much easier. Simply recorde only the white steps, set it to wait for go and cue release=On.
phb

Postby phb » 02 Sep 2019, 11:10

No, a keyframeshape cannot be made to wait for go.

I would recommend using a BPM master to modify the rate of the effect if you want to proceed using a keyframe shape.
Pete Bridgman :: Avolites
htevents

Postby htevents » 02 Sep 2019, 12:03

icke_siegen wrote:For this scenario a chase is much easier. Simply recorde only the white steps, set it to wait for go and cue release=On.

Not quite, when using keyframes, I only have to set the effect once and just adjust the spread. With A chase, I have to do that 4 times for a 4 step effect and even 6 times for a 6 step effect, but as long as the keyframe shapes can't be stepped manualy, I'll stick with chases.
htevents

Postby htevents » 02 Sep 2019, 15:29

phb wrote:
I would recommend using a BPM master to modify the rate of the effect if you want to proceed using a keyframe shape.

Yeah, that part was the reasons I wanted to step through the frames manualy, because it is a live band and they don't always stick to the same tempo.

Think the effect engine of the software should need an update on that stuff. It would make programming chase effects much easier and faster.

Would be awesome to be able to transform the keyframe shapes into chase cues or something, according to the spread settings.
phb

Postby phb » 23 Sep 2019, 14:58

Yeah, that part was the reasons I wanted to step through the frames manualy, because it is a live band and they don't always stick to the same tempo.

With a BPM master assigned to the keyframe shape, adjusting the BPM master to match the tempo du jour selected by the band will allow you to easily make the effect match. Using the default key profile, the blue key on a BPM master allows you to Tap Tempo along with the band to have all assigned items match.

Would be awesome to be able to transform the keyframe shapes into chase cues or something, according to the spread settings.

Keyframe shapes support multiple layers, each of which can have their own number of beats per cycle, spread, and other settings, so it it's not clear how you would map an entire keyframe shape onto a single chase, sadly.
Pete Bridgman :: Avolites