Open Window button on Desks

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

djsky

Open Window button on Desks

Postby djsky » 27 Jul 2019, 09:40

Hi, I have a quartz, and am making use of all the 20 executor buttons, so I've lost the ability to quickly open windows such as "fixtures and groups" "attribute editor" etc.

I can get round most, by pressing the "open Window" button, and then selecting the flashing keys "Fixture" "Group" "Colour" etc... but the "Pallette" button does not flash, nor does it open any window.... is there a way of getting this "Pallette" button to open the "Groups and Pallettes" windows, like the corresponding button did on the executors?
sideshowbond

Re: Open Window button on Desks

Postby sideshowbond » 27 Jul 2019, 09:47

No, I don't think there is a way to do this.

Also I'd advise NOT to use "fxtures and playbacks" and "groups and palettes" workspaces. They are compatibility workspaces to get the faders and buttons of a Pearl Expert shown on the touch screen and move them around (especially when porting a show from an Expert to a newer Titan console). If you want a worspace for all your palettes I'd use "Gobo and Beams".
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 27 Jul 2019, 10:44

Additionally you can recall workspaces by their user number. By default "Fixtures and Groups" is workspace 9. Hence, the syntax is <Open>/<View> 9 <Enter>

(Anyone who always did View 1 Enter on classic consoles should be familiar :D )
djsky

Postby djsky » 27 Jul 2019, 11:02

Sideshowbond - I'm talking about opening the four windows "Groups" "Colours" "Positions" and "Gobos/beams" - not the old "Pallettes and Groups" single window.

My executor button labelled "Groups and Pallettes" actually DID open all these four windows originally.... as can be seen if I create a new show....

Icke - I have "Open Window" - not "open/view" and in my show it appears to open complete workspaces... and I can see that I have the above mentioned 4 windows as user number 6, so pressing <open window> 6 <enter> does what I want.
sideshowbond

Postby sideshowbond » 27 Jul 2019, 19:30

Gotcha, thought you were talking about those other ones.

Additionally to what Seb said you can record macros of 'Open X Enter' which you can copy to pretty much anywhere on the console. On some workspaces I have a strip of macros on the side that do just that