Titan Remote V11 problems

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

oaksld

Titan Remote V11 problems

Postby oaksld » 03 Aug 2018, 14:44

My V11 remote has quit working.. it was working fine when I upgraded to v11 and downloaded the new app but last week it just stopped. The console shows up in the app and loads the show but the fixtures don't show up anymore.

I rely heavily on the app for focusing and such and this has become a huge issue. I talked to a U.S. Avo tech the other day and the only answer I got was "The remote has been problematic... restart everything and try again..."
Restarting everything multiple times hasn't worked.

Has anybody had problems with it? and if so have you found a fix?

Thanks
oaksld

Re: Titan Remote V11 problems

Postby oaksld » 07 Aug 2018, 17:31

*UPDATE*
I have narrowed down the time at which the remote stopped working. I had deleted some fixtures, changed the patch on the remaining fixtures and added a few new fixtures. I also moved some fixtures around and created some new groups. I can't for the life of me figure out why it won't work... I set up 2 laptops, one with the older show that worked and one with the current show... I went through every settings window one by one and the show files are identical except for the patch.

I guess I'll just go back and try again from the start and re-program, but just thought I would throw that information out there.
Kully

Postby Kully » 14 Aug 2018, 17:21

Would it possible for you to send the show file you have experienced this issue with to support@avolites.com so I can investigate this.
Vilkas

Postby Vilkas » 11 Jan 2019, 23:18

Hi,

Did this ever get resolved? I've been having the same issue for a while, but don't rely on the remote nearly as heavily, so I've been ignoring it. Remote suddenly stopped working one day after making some patch changes.
jgavo

Postby jgavo » 27 May 2019, 13:00

Also interested in any updates on this issue. Same thing has happened - can connect to my quartz, remote says it is loading showfile, but then no fixtures (or indeed groups/Palettes etc) displayed. As for OP I use it for focussing and it's a major pain when i doesn't work.

So far just tried uninstalling and reinstalling app but that made no difference.
phb

Postby phb » 28 May 2019, 11:25

Out of interest, if you stop the app fully (open app switcher and swipe app away), start a new show on the console, and start the app again, does it correctly load the new show?
Pete Bridgman :: Avolites
jgavo

Postby jgavo » 28 May 2019, 14:53

phb wrote:Out of interest, if you stop the app fully (open app switcher and swipe app away), start a new show on the console, and start the app again, does it correctly load the new show?

Tried this and yes, patching a simple new show (4xMAC250's + 24 Dimmers), and connecting via remote works. Trying the showfile that was broken at the gig I was doing still doesn't work.

What I did notice is that the "loading workspaces" info message with progress bar comes up with the showfile that works, but doesn't on the showfile that doesn't. So it's failing before then but that's not killing the app entirely.

If I don't restart anything and just load a new show on the quartz, connect on the remote, then consistently one showfile works and the other doesn't.

Really hoping you can get to the bottom of this - I re-use a lot of showfiles. If you would like me to send the showfile that doesn't work then more than happy to.

Regards,
John.
phb

Postby phb » 28 May 2019, 15:08

Hi John,

Thanks for letting me know. It'd be great if you could submit a helpdesk ticket at https://www.avolites.com/software/help-desk/, attaching the showfile that is causing the problem and mentioning that I asked for the showfile.

It sounds like something in your showfile specifically is causing a problem that aborts show loading on the remote - in order to debug this further we'll need to take a look at the specific showfile.

Thanks,
jgavo

Postby jgavo » 28 May 2019, 15:50

phb wrote:Hi John,

... It'd be great if you could submit a helpdesk ticket at https://www.avolites.com/software/help-desk/, attaching the showfile that is causing the problem and mentioning that I asked for the showfile.

Done - ticket 3200. Have another showfile that has the same problem so give me a shout if you want that one as well !

Thanks, John
phb

Postby phb » 28 May 2019, 15:51

Hi John,

If you're able to attach all files you're having issues with to the ticket that'd be great.

Thanks,
jgavo

Postby jgavo » 28 May 2019, 16:14

phb wrote:Hi John,

If you're able to attach all files you're having issues with to the ticket that'd be great.

Thanks,

Done - but, apologies, ended up with two tickets (wasn't clear on the first one whether I'd got both files uploaded successfully) - anyway 3200 and 3202 have the files. They may well be related from an older parent original showfile !

Rgds,
John.
oaksld

Postby oaksld » 02 Jun 2019, 00:44

I hope this gets resolved... I am having the exact same problems, a show file with a very basic patch works but my regular show file does not. Also seeing the same issue that it is not loading the workspaces in the app. I have loaded both show files on 2 different computers and everything is identical.
PLEASE FIX! I miss my remote!!
phb

Postby phb » 03 Jun 2019, 10:32

oaksld wrote:I hope this gets resolved... I am having the exact same problems, a show file with a very basic patch works but my regular show file does not. Also seeing the same issue that it is not loading the workspaces in the app. I have loaded both show files on 2 different computers and everything is identical.
PLEASE FIX! I miss my remote!!

Sorry you're having issues - it's possible that this is being caused by a different problem to the one causing issues with John's showfiles; if you could open a helpdesk ticket at https://www.avolites.com/software/help-desk attaching any showfiles that fail to load on the remote (and mentioning that I asked you to open a ticket) it will help us to understand the root cause here.

Thanks,
BlueEffect

Postby BlueEffect » 14 Aug 2019, 00:49

BUMP

have the same issue, some showfiles work, some dont
phb

Postby phb » 14 Aug 2019, 11:22

We are currently looking into issues with the Remote, and hope to release an update soon that may help resolve some of the issues that people have been experiencing.

If you have examples of specific show files that do not load on your remote, please could you file a help desk ticket at https://www.avolites.com/software/help-desk/ attaching any showfiles that fail to load (and mentioning that I asked you to open a ticket) - this will help us to identify and resolve as many issues as possible.

Thanks,