Is it a way / shortcut , to update my shape !

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

cramboel

Is it a way / shortcut , to update my shape !

Postby cramboel » 11 May 2019, 19:54

Hello, (bad english again)
in my main showfile a have some "dimer, shape" that work with my spot groupe "groupe number, 200"
And i pdate that groupe on each new show to keep my effect. But the probleme is when i add a fixture on that groupe + i number that + map it on the pixelmap.

i have top manualy include my playback "effeft, dimer saw" and replace instantly after , to get my new fixture to work with all.
it's ok for one but i'have 30 like that ...
i'already try the button update and all but cant find a thing to help my update my effect to my current groupe
sideshowbond

Re: Is it a way / shortcut , to update my shape !

Postby sideshowbond » 11 May 2019, 20:23

you could use key frame shapes instead. They use the group layout as a reference and update the shape when you merge fixtures into the group and edit the layout
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 14 May 2019, 19:33

Both normal shapes and key frame shapes are capable of being linked to groups from version 10.1 onwards. When fixtures are added or removed from the group they will also be added or removed from the shape and the order that fixtures run in the shape is determined by the group layout. You should also be able to use direction on all types of shapes which works in the 2D layout. As of version 11.3 you can see the groups a shape is linked to in the Shape View window which is shown by selecting the shape in the Playback View window. In previous versions you could go into the Add/Remove Fixtures menu and the groups would be highlighted in red.
sideshowbond

Postby sideshowbond » 14 May 2019, 19:41

There was a bug where regular shapes would not update properly on an edited group layout. Not sure if it is fixed yet but that's why I only recommended key frame shapes.

Also I programmed my last show completely without regular shapes and I think it's time to finish the key frame feature and let go of the old shape generator...