Titan one as backup for master desk?

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Duncan Flight

Titan one as backup for master desk?

Postby Duncan Flight » 10 Apr 2019, 00:01

If I wanted to have a backup control option in the event of a console failing. We hear horror stories and I have experienced some myself. Would a PC with TitanOne be a viable option. Assuming you get the same software options with T1 then surely you could just network the T1 and master console together via a switch if desired and your done. Obviously if you had to go to the backup machine you would only have 1 universe of physical DMX. That's fine, it's a backup to make sure you can do something. If you were going from the switch to an ArtNet rack then would the T1 retain the ability to control all 16 universes over ArtNet?

Has anyone had any experience with anything like this?

Thanks
Gregory

Re: Titan one as backup for master desk?

Postby Gregory » 10 Apr 2019, 09:33

Yes, you can use TitanOne as a backup either manually or using the network backup function. You will only be able to output one line when the TitanOne is taking over as master via either the physical DMX port or Art-Net/sACN and this must be line 1. This means you should ensure that anything critical to the show is on line 1.

On a side note you can also use a TitanOne machine to multi-user into a full console to give yourself an additional programming surface or tech desk. In this case the number of outputs is not restricted as it is determined by the master console.
Duncan Flight

Postby Duncan Flight » 12 Apr 2019, 11:08

Thanks for the reply. It's basically what I thought. So the Titan1 platform is a restricted version of the software bit still able to network with other Titan consoles.

Digging a bit deeper. Can you run Titan 1 on a Mac in bootcamp and have it as backup in TitanNet

I know this is all a bit of a cheaper work around and the easy answer is just use another console. My reason for looking into this is because I am a freelance LD and last week my desk got destroyed just before the show. I'm just trying to find a solution to keep a show going without spending thousands as a emergency back up I can carry with me

Thanks
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 12 Apr 2019, 14:05

Yes, using BootCamp on a Mac is fine. Running Parallels or similar is not supported nor recommended.