Qlab and titan mobile

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Michaelg124

Qlab and titan mobile

Postby Michaelg124 » 16 Mar 2019, 00:53

Het Guys,

I woud like to trigger my titan mobile with qlab, or qlab with my titan.

Is that even possible?
If so, I d like to send a message with a specific que. So for exemple playback 1 que 4. Or if iam triggering qlab just que 4
It is important that i can run thu my ques in any order, syncing qlab with avo. So not just a go message.

Big thanks in advance
Gregory

Re: Qlab and titan mobile

Postby Gregory » 16 Mar 2019, 01:37

You can use MSC (MIDI Show Control) from QLab to Titan which would allow you fire cues by specifying the cue number. You would need to use the physical MIDI port on the Titan Mobile to do this. MIDI triggers or timecode would also be a possibility however it would be difficult to specify a specific cue. You might also be able to run a script or similar in QLab that could send an HTTP request to Titan's WebAPI.
snorhyvel

Postby snorhyvel » 17 Mar 2019, 18:48

Is there still no support for midi on Titan one?

Is it possible to control titan one from Qlab?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 17 Mar 2019, 21:04

No what I said applied to Titan Mobile and not TitanOne.
Michaelg124

Postby Michaelg124 » 22 Mar 2019, 00:19

Gregory wrote:You can use MSC (MIDI Show Control) from QLab to Titan which would allow you fire cues by specifying the cue number. You would need to use the physical MIDI port on the Titan Mobile to do this. MIDI triggers or timecode would also be a possibility however it would be difficult to specify a specific cue. You might also be able to run a script or similar in QLab that could send an HTTP request to Titan's WebAPI.

Okay, i bought a simple USB to midi cable and i have qlab talking to titan over MIDI!

But stil only a “go” command. How do i “jump to cue and go”? Do i have to record Some macro’s and trigger those over midi? Or is there an easyer way? If i have to record a macro could you explain the macro? I tried this alredy with no luck so far, i can not find any button in titan that says “go to cue”.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 22 Mar 2019, 11:14

If you use MSC rather than MIDI triggers you should be able to send commands see manual section 12.5.3 page 275.

If you want to try something similar with macros the command is Connect/Cue 3 Go where 3 is the cue number. This will run on the currently connected playback, to connect to a playback you can use the same Connect/Cue followed by the playback swop.