White Flash over colour (LED fixture) timed

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

htevents

White Flash over colour (LED fixture) timed

Postby htevents » 20 Mar 2019, 11:51

Hello all,

I couldn''t find it here, but I want to create a White Flash over colour fx controlled by the BPM master, but with fade in/fade out offset. What I mean is: It should be 2 steps. Step 1 with colour white, step to with "nothing" to release the wite color. I can do this in a chase, but then the white colour is present for the same time as the normal colour, but what I want is the white to flash for a brief moment and fade back to it's initial colour pretty fast. I have done this with a bpm dim flash with the keyframe shape generator with the fade position at 30% and step to as snap instead of crossfade, so it fades back pretty quickly to zero, but still the dimmer flashes every beat. Is it posible to put in an "empty" frame in the keyframe shape generator, so the effect will be the same as with my dim flash fx, but with the benefits of having an empty cue in a chase, so the colour releases in step 2?
Gregory

Re: White Flash over colour (LED fixture) timed

Postby Gregory » 21 Mar 2019, 22:15

You can set the number of beats per cycle of the key frame shape, by default it is one beat per cycle.
htevents

Postby htevents » 28 Mar 2019, 07:35

Gregory wrote:You can set the number of beats per cycle of the key frame shape, by default it is one beat per cycle.

But I don''t see how that immitates as an "empty" keyframe with no info in it (like you can do with a chase), so the fixtures will release their colour back to the initial colour (selected before with a palette or something like that).

I just want a keyframe shape (because of the "midpoint" percentage) that sets all fixtures to white in the first frame and release the colour in the second frame. Is that possible?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 28 Mar 2019, 19:05

Unfortunately no, it is not possible to have empty/transparent/release key frames. You can set the beats per cycle of normal shapes as well although you might need to create your own additive shape to add white - there was a post describing this a while ago.