tiger touch II

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

vettenam

tiger touch II

Postby vettenam » 12 Mar 2019, 00:05

OK peoples, just got my Tiger II with a wing a few days ago. Writing cues like a madman, no problems there. I am coming off 16yrs with a saphire 2000 and boy are there some differences!!! Just the volume of the manual alone. my question is when i have a shape on a playback with all attributes that i dont need turned off, so it picks up all attributes of the playback that i have up. Now it might sound nuts but i have done this twice, once on a circle and once on a tilt shape. but since i was just feeling out the console i cant for the life of me repeat the keystrokes that i needed to transfer the off attributes to the shape handle. Tried the steps the manual layed out but doesn"t seem to work. Any help would be appreciated.
Gregory

Re: tiger touch II

Postby Gregory » 13 Mar 2019, 01:21

There are a number of ways to achieve this. When you are originally recording the shape you can either ensure that no other attributes are in the programmer and then record By Channel or while in the record menu press the Shape button to set the record mask to just shapes and effects. If the playback is already recorded, select all the fixtures you wish to remove, press the Off button and then the Off Selected Fixtures softkey. This will turn all attributes off in the programmer, this you can then record into any playbacks you want to remove the attribute values from (note that you can press Record and then the playback swop twice to merge).
vettenam

Postby vettenam » 14 Mar 2019, 14:20

thanks, worked like a charm
vettenam

tiger touch II

Postby vettenam » 17 Mar 2019, 18:11

I am getting ready to put my new console on line to replace my old Sapphire 2000. so far making pages of looks have been no problem, in my theatre we rarely program for the acts as we are a theatre in the round. LD's come in and use my library of looks and busk the show with a few modifications to my stored looks. One thing I do have is effects on one of my wing pages to give them the options to use shapes, flikkers, chases. You have helped me in the past on how to apply shapes to any look on stage, my next problem is how to set gobo spin on a handle to apply to any playback fader that is up. On my sapphire i picked the units, ( Mac entour 250's) went to the off button, offed all attributes i didn't need and pressed the record button into the playback fader, Easy! Doesn't quite work that way on the tiger. I saw in the shape menu there is a gobo rotate but all that seems to do is rotate the gobbo then speed it up then slow it down, not one continual spin motion. Any help would be appreciated, and while I'm at it, a quick question, on the playback screen the playback fires when i touch it and then turns off with the next touch. Is there a way to make those touch playbacks momentary? To release when my finger releases?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 17 Mar 2019, 18:36

I think you may be confusing two different things.

Firstly, if you want a continuous gobo rotate spin (or gobo wheel scroll if that is what you are referring to) then you just need to set the control value and record it. You should not use shapes for this (unless you actually do want it to continuously adjust the speed).

Secondly, regarding recording, you can use the off method if using record by fixture mode but it is much easier to just put the control required in the programmer and then record by channel instead.

For momentaty touch you can setup a key profile where the touch action is flash (or timed flash if you want it to follow playback times). If you only want this action for specific playbacks you can set this in the associated playback options menu. Note that the different key profile actions can be set for each type of playback (ie. memory, chase or cue list).
vettenam

Postby vettenam » 19 Mar 2019, 00:22

Hi guys,
So i am ready to put my Tiger II on line to replace my Sapphire 2000. Since i busk 95% of the shows in my venue, I have written a number of pages of looks and a number of pages of shapes and chases that can be applied to any of the playbacks. My problem is to set up an effects handle that is only gobo spin. I tried to do it as a shape in the shape menu (gobo rotate) but it does not seem to work. The gobo rotate goes fast spin then slows down then fast spin etc etc. On my old sapphire it was easy, pick out the fixtures set them at spin press the off button record into a playback, not so easy on the Tiger touch, any suggestions? i would also like to know that in the playback window can the playbacks be set up as a momentary button rather than press on then have to press off.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 19 Mar 2019, 00:45

Merged topics. Please do not cross post.