record dmx output

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

hwlalex

record dmx output

Postby hwlalex » 11 Mar 2019, 16:33

hello. i am trying to record my dmx output rather than what is in my programmer but i cannot seem to find a way. i have created an effect that i have paused with the bpm master and i now want to record the position they have stopped in. i have tried using the record stage option but that doesn't seem to be recording my position. is there a way to record raw dmx for pan and tilt or another way of doing this?
thanks for any help
niclights
The eManual

Re: record dmx output

Postby niclights » 11 Mar 2019, 16:44

Unfortunately not at the moment but hopefully it will be possible in a future version of Titan.
htevents

Postby htevents » 12 Mar 2019, 11:49

Can''t this be achieved by recording in Stage mode rather than Channel or Spot mode? I thought this will record every value that is outputting. Correct me if I''m wrong.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 12 Mar 2019, 13:28

Unfortunately not. Record by stage records the current control values of all fixtures >0% but it does not record the result of any control values modified by shapes or effects. This is useful but I can also see the use case for recording the actual modified output too and it has been requested before. In the meantime you could potentially refer to the raw DMX output in the DMX window and then reverse engineer it to percentage values. But admittedly this is probably not beneficial.