Multiple chases in a cue list

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

(Anony)mouse

Multiple chases in a cue list

Postby (Anony)mouse » 02 Feb 2019, 16:26

So I'm programming a service intro for my church, it's ~90 seconds long and fits with the music.
It runs in a 16 step cue list, linking with previous using a link offset to separate timings of everything.

How I want it to run:

Code: Select all

Step 7 autoloads a chase that changes the colour of 6 fixtures one at a time, in time with the beat, repeating
Step 8 autoloads a chase that changes the intensity of 4 fixtures one at a time, in time with the beat, repeating
Step 9 <irrelevant thing happens>
Step 10 autoloads a chase that changes the intensity of the fixtures in step 7 all at once, in time with the beat, repeating
Step 11 chases autoloaded in steps 7, 8 & 10 stop running

What actually happens:

Code: Select all

Step 7 autoloads a chase that changes the colour of 6 fixtures one at a time, in time with the beat, repeating
Step 8 autoloads a chase that changes the intensity of 4 fixtures one at a time, in time with the beat, repeating (chase from step 7 continues to run, but stops affecting output)
Step 9 <irrelevant thing happens>
Step 10 autoloads a chase that changes the intensity of the fixtures in step 7 all at once, in time with the beat, repeating (chases from step 7 & 8 continues to run, but stops affecting output)
Step 11 chases autoloaded in steps 7, 8 & 10 stop running

I've tried setting the auto load options on step 8 to load target in order to keep the autoload alive, I've tried setting it to goto target cue X to try to refire the chase. But the latest chase to be run takes precedence and prevents the previously running chases from affecting the output.

1) How do I get the chase first fired on step 7 to continue to affect the output when the chase on step 8 is fired.
2) Is there a way to do this short of programming all the individual chase steps into the cue list

The autoload chases are all set to normal priority

Titan PC suite v11.0

-mouse
Gregory

Re: Multiple chases in a cue list

Postby Gregory » 03 Feb 2019, 21:38

Autoloads only last as long as the cue they are in so if you need a chase to run across multiple cues you should add it as an autoload to each cue. Normally the Load action is fine for this.

How have you recorded your chases? Are they for example recorded by fixture, in which case the intensity chase may override the colour chase as it was fired later. Another thing that can sometimes trip people up is if there are values stored in the cue list as well as the autoloads; this can lead to multiple values for the same fixtures.
(Anony)mouse

Re: Multiple chases in a cue list

Postby (Anony)mouse » 05 Feb 2019, 00:17

After some of what can best be described as poking at the cue list, the problem only occurs advancing from step 7 to step 8 (the 6 fixtures changing colour & 4 fixtures changing intensity)

Gregory wrote:How have you recorded your chases?

My chases are recorded by channel - I have re-recorded them and made sure only the intended channels are actually programmed into the chase steps

Gregory wrote:Another thing that can sometimes trip people up is if there are values stored in the cue list as well as the autoloads; this can lead to multiple values for the same fixtures.

I have checked the 'view cue' window for each of the steps in the cue list, none of the steps contain any values (intensity, colour or otherwise) for any fixture.

My next step in debugging will be to re-record the cue list in case anything I cannot find was recorded in error

The colour changing chase (step 7) and the intensity chase (step 8) work fine when played back directly (not through the cue list)

-mouse