Preset Palettes only for first batch of fixtures

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

outputaudio

Preset Palettes only for first batch of fixtures

Postby outputaudio » 23 Oct 2018, 21:37

I've searched the complete forum on many different keywords but couldnt find the answer. So now im thinking that im the only one experiencing this ' error' :D
Using PC Suite 10.1 or my TT2 v10.1; both same issue

What i want: when patching fixtures all colors added to the color palette workspace for each fixture type (as shared palette)

What happens: When patching fixtures and selecting Preset Palettes on Workspace on, i only get the color palettes for the first type of Fixture patched
So when patching a Mac 575 Krypton with a color wheel it perfectly patches the colors in the correct wheel order in the palettes Workspace
If i then patch another fixture with a color wheel or even CMY mixture it doesnt ADD the new colors.
It doesnt even always tries to match the 575 color value of the already available palette

Manual solution: patch with Preset Palettes off. record the 'slowest' color wheel fixture first (shared palette). and then record palettes in the same 'color wheel order' for the RGB or CMY fixtures

Visually i want my workspace to look like this. And it doesnt have to be auto-programmed in this order, i can move palettes myself :lol:
White575, Red575, Blue575, Orange575, Magenta575
White101, Red101, Blue101, Orange101, Magenta575
WhSharpy, RSharpy, BSharpy, OraSharpy, MageSharpy
etc
outputaudio

Re: Preset Palettes only for first batch of fixtures

Postby outputaudio » 09 Nov 2018, 18:26

Anybody?
@Niclights you any idea?
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 09 Nov 2018, 19:40

Hi,

this is not an error but standard bevaviour - the colour preset palettes follow a pattern and are always the same for all fixture types. Thus, if you use them and fire e.g. the red palette all fixtures with colours will turn red.

However, you are right - in many cases they don't match (or only very coarsely). Hence, personally I use preset palettes only if I need results quickly. If possible I do not use them but create the positions and colours myself. There are various ways to make it easier:
- if you are always using the same set of fixtures you might consider creating your own personalities, with your own palettes
- you may create a start show, with a number of fixtures of the types you usually use, along with palettes. Then, instead of a new show, you'd start with your start show, and copüy the fixtures, retaining your precious palettes
- you can import parts (e.g. palettes and fixtures) from other shows

I hope this helps a bit.

S.
outputaudio

Postby outputaudio » 13 Mar 2019, 21:42

Thanks, about the start show i have thought about it. What i now do is select fixtures. select the master Global pallet. and record it again as a N pallet for the selected fixtures