random order for shapes (Tiger Touch)

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Tumbleweed

random order for shapes (Tiger Touch)

Postby Tumbleweed » 20 Jul 2016, 05:06

I tried selecting fixtures in random order to make some shapes, but the console plays back the shapes in head number order (which I'm not thrilled with, since I prefer random)

Am i missing something with shapes? Does the Titan software always select heads for shapes in head number order, or, like the old Pearls (and every other console including a hog), can they be selected in random order?

Or, is there a 'Random' soft key like a Chamsys and an MA that changes the fixture order for shapes so they will playback the fixtures in random order?

and if there's not, can you add one so it can have the functionality of a console made in 1994.... lol
AndreH

Re: random order for shapes (Tiger Touch)

Postby AndreH » 20 Jul 2016, 07:53

Good Morning

Hold down the group of fixture's you want to select in random order and press the E option on the right. I think this is what you are looking for :D
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 20 Jul 2016, 09:08

Shapes do follow fixture order although when just tested this it did appear to be ignored the first time but I can't repeat (including testing after restarting software/new show etc.) So there may be a minor issue lurking around that you were unlucky to encounter.

Initially shapes should follow fixture order, either directly by selecting fixtures or as stored in a group. After selecting fixtures or a group you can also apply selection patterns including random as Andre suggests - either by holding a group key or by pressing the ODD/EVEN button.

You can also adjust the shape direction after it has been created by selecting the [Direction] softkey in the Shape Generator menu. This presents a number of options that (where relevant) will apply to 2D fixture layouts if they have been setup in a group. The last option (crossed over lines) will randomly shuffle the shape fixture order each time it is pressed. Finally you can manually edit the shape fixture order after creation by pressing [Edit] from the Shape Generator menu followed by [Fixture Order].
Tumbleweed

Postby Tumbleweed » 23 Jul 2016, 22:09

if it matters, I'm running version 8.1.

It's a loaner console, so I don't feel right updating it unless i know I can keep the console (it came from another venue in the chain that is being rebuilt in a new location...)
Tumbleweed

Postby Tumbleweed » 06 Aug 2016, 19:51

I didn't save the random group first.

problem solved.

we get to keep the console, so I'll be updating it to the latest version soon
chien0721

Postby chien0721 » 14 Oct 2018, 13:53

niclights wrote:Shapes do follow fixture order although when just tested this it did appear to be ignored the first time but I can't repeat (including testing after restarting software/new show etc.) So there may be a minor issue lurking around that you were unlucky to encounter.

Initially shapes should follow fixture order, either directly by selecting fixtures or as stored in a group. After selecting fixtures or a group you can also apply selection patterns including random as Andre suggests - either by holding a group key or by pressing the ODD/EVEN button.

You can also adjust the shape direction after it has been created by selecting the [Direction] softkey in the Shape Generator menu. This presents a number of options that (where relevant) will apply to 2D fixture layouts if they have been setup in a group. The last option (crossed over lines) will randomly shuffle the shape fixture order each time it is pressed. Finally you can manually edit the shape fixture order after creation by pressing [Edit] from the Shape Generator menu followed by [Fixture Order].

I'm also using v8.1 on pearl expert. However I couldn't find any way to shuffle my selection after pressing odd/even button or holding a group. In my odd/even page, i can only see odd, even, 1 in 3, 1 in 4 and so on, but no random selection. And after holding group, i can only see recall a group and some other function which are not related to the random selection. I am hoping to find a way to shuffle the selection by console rather than selecting fixtures randomly by myself.
thanks!
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 14 Oct 2018, 14:44

I don't have anything running 8.1 any more but in 11.1 after selecting a group if you press the ODD/EVEN button there is a [Random Order] option on softkey E or and [Direction] option on softkey D. If I select the [Direction] option there is a random direction on one of the pages represented by two crossed-over lines (it will probably look different on the Pearl Expert LCD). Are either of these options there? Note that holding a group refers to group handles not the GROUP button. In this case there is just the [Random Order] option in 11.1.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 15 Oct 2018, 15:25

The Random Order option was added in version 9.0 and the direction options were added in version 11.0. You could consider upgrading the Pearl Expert to v9.1 which you should be able to do regardless of the motherboard although it is recommended that you have at least 2GB RAM installed.