Palette Transition - Wipe?

This is a place for people to chare the custom macros they have written.

Moderator: Moderators

ST94Tech

Palette Transition - Wipe?

Postby ST94Tech » 05 Sep 2018, 19:46

Hi all,

I'm trying to recreate something I've seen LDs do on the GrandMA boards... I want to quickly decide how my palettes transition from one to the next while busking. The result would be the ability to have your whole rig change palettes from stage Right to Left, or stage Left to Right, or Inside to Outside, etc. In a perfect world, it would be some sort of menu similar to the Direction menu in Effects, but determining Palette transitions. I've found how to change the FADE TIME, and FIXTURE OVERLAP... but not the direction of the transition!

Does anyone know of a way that exists to accomplish this? I've tried creating Macros that select each fixture individually in different orders, or creating different Playbacks with the fixture order changed in each one, but neither get it quite right.

Thanks for the help!

Dan
Gregory

Re: Palette Transition - Wipe?

Postby Gregory » 06 Sep 2018, 09:01

You can use groups with different layouts/fixture orders to achieve this. Fixture overlap is currently always processed from left to right so anything in the same column in the layout will trigger at the same time. If you prefer to set the fixture order of the group (ends up as the same thing) fixture overlap ascends up the fixture order numbers starting from one, fixtures with the same fixture order number will trigger at the same time. Hopefully direction will come to applying palettes at some point soon.
sideshowbond

Re: Palette Transition - Wipe?

Postby sideshowbond » 23 Jan 2019, 22:25

Actually there is such a thing. Direction in the pattern selection menu (the odd/even button).

I've scripted a handful of macros to change direction on the fly.
https://www.avolites.de/wiki/macros:example:programmerdirection