Linked copy nightmares

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

oaksld

Linked copy nightmares

Postby oaksld » 13 Jul 2018, 22:53

The way I run my show (i’ve been doing it this way for years) its that I have a cuelists for each song that I put my traveling fixtures in and usually add the local companies moving fixtures to those cuelist. I always use the remainder of the submasters on each page to program static par cans and static led fixtures (old school submasters) I have a total of about 18 different scenes that I use on these submitters and I ALWAYS do a linked copy when adding to these submasters. However, starting about a year ago with v10.1 some of the linked cues would not reflect any changes made to their linked counterparts, it always seemed to be the same cues on the same pages even though I would replace them with a new linked copy, the next day it would happen again!

So, I thought I must have a bug in my show file and when the opportunity arose I completely deleted my show, did a complete recovery of OS (btw I am using Titan Mobile on a Dell Laptop running Windows 10) and upgraded to v11.. I have since started programming a whole new show but guess what??? The exact same problem is rearing it’s ugly head!! Some of the cues reflects the changes made and some don’t! I’ve even had another LD sit with me and watch what I’m doing and he was scratching his head.. he didn’t understand either.

I am not a young pup.. I have been using Avolites since the QM500… as far as I’m concerned a linked copy is just that… a LINKED COPY! Right? why are some of my cues not linking?

Sorry for the rant but my hair is falling out from all the head scratching.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
oaksld

Re: Linked copy nightmares

Postby oaksld » 27 Jul 2018, 14:28

I guess nobody else has had this problem? It's getting to be very annoying.

But here's a new head scratcher. I have one cuelist that won't unfold. I completely deleted it and rebuilt it and it was fine while I had the console at my house but when I fired up the console yesterday for a show I couldn't unfold it again... what in the world could cause that?
Gregory

Re: Linked copy nightmares

Postby Gregory » 27 Jul 2018, 18:25

I'm afraid I don't have any good suggestions for the problem with linked playbacks, I am not aware of a bug related to what you have described. If it is happening repeatedly in a particular show file please open a support ticket describing the problem in as much detail as you can, including which specific playbacks are affected and ideally the steps you are carrying out to record new information to the playback.

Regarding the issue with unfold, once it has gone wrong will a restart fix it? What sort of programming is in the cue list and how many cues are there? For example is there just attribute values or shapes/pixel maps etc.