Show Import

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

tonili

Show Import

Postby tonili » 23 Jan 2018, 21:07

Hi all

Used to be able to import palettes from one show to the other but nowadays Show Import does not work. Whenever I try to import a show file into another show file, all that happens is the "wait hour glass" comes on screen, then the screen reverts back to the original screen and the show is not imported.

I also tried Saving as both show files but to no avail.

This rather defeats the scope of importing a Show, which is one great feature, especially when I have the hundred odd fixtures to palette and very limited time!!!!! :x

Regards
Anton
Gregory

Re: Show Import

Postby Gregory » 25 Jan 2018, 14:26

Unfortunately there is bug in v10.1 which can prevent import from working in certain cases. One such case is if you have the same fixture type patched in the current show as in the one being imported however the mode of the fixture is different. You may be able to work around this by patching the fixtures in the same mode as the the show you are importing from and then exchange them to the new mode once the import is complete.
nachwilunie

Postby nachwilunie » 23 Feb 2018, 10:11

I've got different problem and im not sure if this is a bug.
Show library for current show works fine. I can see all the content, filter what i want and its ok.
But show library of imported show is incomplete. I cant see any playback, macro or workspace. I can see only few palettes and only normal palettes( and not all normal, just few)
What is strange that i think that other pallettes are stacked on these which i can see, like all the pictures where in the same place and not fully transparent letters (probably 0 of 1 etc)
I dont know what I am doing wrong, maybe there is something. Im working on Titan simulator right now, i havent check this on the console yet.
I attached a print screen.
Attachments
show library.JPG
show library.JPG (109.6 KiB) Viewed 8114 times
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 23 Feb 2018, 10:41

Does it make any difference if you switch to grid view?
nachwilunie

Postby nachwilunie » 23 Feb 2018, 11:15

no:(
Attachments
showlibrary3.JPG
showlibrary3.JPG (66.94 KiB) Viewed 8108 times
showlibrary2.JPG
showlibrary2.JPG (95.4 KiB) Viewed 8108 times
jgavo

Postby jgavo » 11 Jul 2018, 16:29

I have a very similar problem to the second one listed here, again on 10.1

On import I can see/map fixtures but in the show library I'm trying to import from there are no playbacks, macros or workspaces listed in the import window. Palettes and groups are present and correct.

Makes no difference if I try e.g. quicksave version of imported show or initial version.
Makes no difference if I try button view vs grid view.
Heads I've mapped so far are identical in both shows (though have updated fixture library between the initial show and this new show).

The show I'm trying to import to is new and not had much done except fixtures, patch, groups, palettes set and a couple of early intensity playbacks.

Any other ideas - got a whole stack of playbacks I'll have to re-create if I can't get this to work !

Thanks.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 12 Jul 2018, 11:30

Importing of workspaces and macros is not currently supported. For testing purposes if you start from a completely blank show and import your show, without patching or mapping any fixtures, can you see the playbacks at that point?
jgavo

Postby jgavo » 12 Jul 2018, 17:30

Hi Gregory, tried this with a couple of very different showfiles. One of them works fine - can see all fixtures/playbacks/groups. The other doesn't - get fixtures, palettes, groups but no playbacks. However as a result of your encouragement to experiment I have now managed to find an older version of that showfile that both has some of the playbacks in I need and imports ! I guess there's a quirk in the later showfile that stops the import working.

Thanks,
John.
stevelights

Postby stevelights » 29 Jul 2018, 13:27

Hi, I’m having the same problem of not seeing the playbacks of some of my imported shows.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 30 Jul 2018, 22:53

It is possible that one invalid playback is preventing all the others from being displayed. After trying to import you could go to Tools > Additional Programs > Log Viewer Pro and then select File > Open Folders and confirm the dialog that appears to open the log files. Scroll down to the bottom to find the most recent messages and check for any errors related to importing playbacks (selecting a message will bring up further information in the pane below). Alternatively load the show you are attempting to import and check the Event Log workspace window or Log Viewer Pro to see if any errors or warnings have been logged.