changing computers..

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

PaulBakker

changing computers..

Postby PaulBakker » 11 Jun 2018, 16:04

Hello, i have the Titan One Dongle using Titan One on an old laptop at the moment. very very slow and buggy
We use it as a steady controller to run the place..
We want to upgrade the system with a desktop computer and build a front of house desk.
My question.. is it possible to move the token i have to the other computer to register Titan One... and uninstall Titan from my own old laptop.
Im afraid we wont be able to have lights this weekend if i try to do so.. :-(
waiting for awnser befor i do anything
Gregory

Re: changing computers..

Postby Gregory » 11 Jun 2018, 19:59

You will need a new licence for the desktop as the licence is locked to the machine. However you can leave the software installed and licensed on the current machine and continue to use it if you need to and have it as a backup.
MediaBethlehem

Postby MediaBethlehem » 18 Jun 2018, 09:10

Hi Good day

I have Titan ONe dongle, changed the CPU on existing PC and now it asks for new license.

Been trying to log into website to upload token generated but with not luck
Installed avolites software and reinstalled to see if it will help but still asking for new licencse

please help asap need to get it up and running before thursday

Thanks
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 18 Jun 2018, 11:57

It is possible that the computer has been left with the old licence partially installed which is preventing the new licence from working. To fix this you can force the licence to reset and make the software to ask for a new one, you can do this by setting the date back one month in the past, starting the TitanOne software and then closing it again after a couple of minutes, setting the correct date and starting the TitanOne software again. At this point export a new token file and submit it to the website and to download a new licence file.
PJ

Postby PJ » 06 Jul 2018, 11:12

Hey Guys, Can I just confirm the following. Our titan one dongle is likely to be used on 2/3 computers. I think this is possible but each PC will need its own license. I assume when it plugs in to each pc I will need to request a license?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 06 Jul 2018, 11:31

Yes, that is correct. When you run the software on a new computer it will prompt for a new licence: follow the on-screen instructions to export a token and submit it to the website.