V11 Bug : Selection Pattern Direction

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Mars3110

V11 Bug : Selection Pattern Direction

Postby Mars3110 » 16 May 2018, 13:02

Already sent a bug report to Avo support, but maybe it's useful to put it here too.

I think I found an annoying bug with the new Selection Pattern Direction feature… it simply doesn't work. If I select my fixtures (with a linear selection) and then apply a pattern direction (for example a symmetric one) from the Odd/Even button, it is applied (I can check it by using the +1/-1 buttons, the selection is symmetric).
However if I record this on a playback with the intensity at 100%, it doesn't retain the direction ! In the Cue View the fixtures are in the original linear order. And if I apply a 50% Fixture Overlap logically it's also not symmetric but linear from left to right.
Tried with different fixtures, different show files and with simple Memory as well as Cue List. Everywhere the same problem.
Gregory

Re: V11 Bug : Selection Pattern Direction

Postby Gregory » 16 May 2018, 14:55

The selection pattern direction is solely for use in the programmer and does not get used when recording playbacks. This is something that we hope to add in a future version.
Mars3110

Postby Mars3110 » 16 May 2018, 14:59

Thanks for the quick reply !

Ok I get it… and I don't really see the utility to have this in the programmer and not in playback recording.
So the release note is not correct : "A new 'Direction' option has been added to selection patterns. This provides a quick way to set fixture orders using the current layout to achieve various directions including mirrored (symmetrical) which are used with the Next (Fix+1) and Prev (Fix-1) keys and, when recorded to playbacks, when creating effects with fixture overlap."
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 16 May 2018, 15:04

Apologies. That is my mistake. An example of the use in programmer might be to use it to select pairs of symmetrical fixtures when using next/prev (fix+1/fix-1).
Mars3110

Postby Mars3110 » 16 May 2018, 15:12

Ok, thanks. Would be awesome to add what is explained is the release notes and not implemented yet because I would love this feature for symmetrical overlap in cues ! :)