Flash and Go Key profile

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Mars3110

Flash and Go Key profile

Postby Mars3110 » 16 May 2018, 12:50

Hello,

I'm testing all the new nice features we have in the v11 and I don't understand the behaviour of the new Flash and Go (and Timed Flash and Go…) key profile.
In the manual (and the release notes too) it's said "as Flash, but when button released the cue list will advance to the
next cue". I just can't get this working as explained… if I make a cue list and set one button to Flash and Go, it flashes and go at the same time. Behaving like this makes this new function almost useless…
Do I need to set another setting to get it work ? Or did I not understand the real behaviour of this ?

Thanks for the help.
Gregory

Re: Flash and Go Key profile

Postby Gregory » 16 May 2018, 14:48

Unfortunately it appears that both the manual and the release notes are incorrect, as you say the flash and go both happen on the press and not the release. If you want LTP values to be correct before you flash the cue you should enable Move In Dark for the cue list.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 16 May 2018, 15:05

Apologies for any confusion. That is my mistake. I don't think it makes the function almost useless though.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 16 May 2018, 15:10

Particularly if you are using Timed Flash and Go the fade times for the cue or attributes can be used so that fixtures do a fly out effect or similar from one position to another. It also means that any shapes, autoloads or macros only get triggered when the cue is flashed in and not immediately after the previous flash.
Mars3110

Postby Mars3110 » 16 May 2018, 18:33

Ok I get it. It would be nice to add another key profile like "Flash and then go" which would wait for the flash to release before going to the next cue.
Thanks for your help !