Move my palettes

This is a place for people to chare the custom macros they have written.

Moderator: Moderators

kimwida

Move my palettes

Postby kimwida » 10 Feb 2018, 15:07

Thank you for the code.
It works perfect.

And I need your help once more.
I'd like to move my palettes in colour workspace window using Titan API.
I found two methods. I think one of them could do that.

Code: Select all

Void Playbacks.Editor.CopyCues.CopyMovePlaybackCues(HandleOperations operation, Handle destinationHandle, Boolean insertAfter, Boolean copyLegends, Boolean copyTrackedValues)

or

Void Handles.Move(Dictionary`2 sourceHandles, String group, Int32 index)

But I don't have any clue how to use them.

=====================================================================================
The main purpose of the macro is shorten the copy palettes process.

1. Prepare 4 pairs of your favorite colours in colour palette window. (You can make more colour pairs if you want.)
2. Use the macro that circulate the colour palettes position. e.g) 1->3, 2->4, ...,7->1, 8->2
3. Use colour chase change macro.

Now you can change colour of chase ONLY with two buttons!!
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 11 Feb 2018, 18:56

Hi Kim,

wow, you are really going that way :D

I am pretty sure the second function (Handles.Move) is the one you need - but I don't have any idea about using the type Dictionary here (I know it's a key/value collection, and most likely it is the list of source handles - but I don't know the correct syntax). Maybe one of the software gurus can shed a light.
kimwida

Re: Move my palettes

Postby kimwida » 19 Feb 2018, 16:05

To move playback or palette
1) Set source.
2) Move the handle.
I think I've done first step and 1/3 of second step.

<step pause="0.01">Handles.SetSourceHandleFromHandle(handle:"chaseHandleUN=10555")</step>
   <step pause="0.01">Handles.Move(Handles.SourceHandle, "Playbacks", 2)</step>

<step pause="0.01">Handles.SetSourceHandleFromHandle(handle:"chaseHandleUN=10555")</step>
   <step pause="0.01">Handles.Move(Handles.SourceHandle, "Playbacks, index:2, page:0", Handles.GetTitanIdFromHandle(handle:"chaseHandleUN=10555"))</step>

<step pause="0.01">Handles.Move(Handles.SourceHandle, "Playbacks,0,2", Handles.GetTitanIdFromHandle(handle:"chaseHandleUN=10555"))</step>

What is format of "String group"? just "Colors" or "Playbacks"?? or "Colors, index:0, page:0" ??
What's for "Int32 index" (<= which titan id?? destination?? target?? or just index of group??)?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 23 Feb 2018, 19:32

Despite its name the Handles.Move function is not the correct one to use, it is only in the software for use with the handle grid view on the Pearl Expert and is not used in any other place or for any other console.

Instead you should use the Handles.CopyDestination function which is used for all copy or move operations. Before calling the function you should set the operation that you wish to perform by setting the Handles.OperationMode property.

Example:

<step pause="0.01">Handles.SetSourceHandleFromHandle("chaseHandleUN=22")</step>
<step pause="0.01">ActionScript.SetProperty.Enum("Handles.OperationMode", "move")</step>
<step pause="0.01">Handles.CopyDestination("Playbacks", 7)</step>
<step pause="0.01">Handles.ClearSelection()</step>

The group string is what bank of buttons or faders you are moving or copying to. I am not sure if there is a published list of these but here are a few:
  • Playbacks - The main playback faders.
  • Groups - The group window.
  • Colours - The colours palette window (British English spelling).
  • Positions - The positions palette window.
  • Beams - The gobo and beams palette window.
  • PlaybackWindow - The playbacks window.
  • StaticPlaybacks - The top 10 faders on the Tiger Touch or 20 executor buttons on other consoles.
  • Macros - The macros window.
The index parameter is which fader or button within the bank starting from zero for example 2 is the third fader. The operation mode should all be in lower case. There is also a Handles.SetOperationMode function you can use to select either copy or move operation. The Handles.ClearSelection function tidies up once you are done including removing the highlighting of the handle.
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 24 Feb 2018, 02:54

Hi, Gregory!!

It works perfectly!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This code moves 1page 63th slot to current page 61th slot.

<step pause="0.01">Handles.SetSourceHandleFromHandle(Handles.GetHandle("PlaybackWindow",0,62))</step>
   <step pause="0.01">ActionScript.SetProperty.Enum("Handles.OperationMode", "move")</step>
   <step pause="0.01">Handles.CopyDestination("PlaybackWindow", 60)</step>
   <step pause="0.01">Handles.ClearSelection()</step>
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 24 Feb 2018, 09:22

You can simplify this line:

<step pause="0.01">Handles.SetSourceHandleFromHandle(Handles.GetHandle("PlaybackWindow",0,62))</step>

To:

<step pause="0.01">Handles.SetSourceHandle("PlaybackWindow", 62)</step>