D4 Vision, new card in slot?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

LD Andy

D4 Vision, new card in slot?

Postby LD Andy » 09 Jul 2006, 17:59

I recieved my new D4 Vision, and noticed a usb card in the first slot. However, there is no mention anywhere in the manual what it for, or how it function.
Phil

Postby Phil » 10 Jul 2006, 09:13

The PCI card in the back of the console is a new feature of the desk, and as the manual hasn't been updated since the new card was implemented isn't mentioned for obvious reasons.

The aim of the card is to allow some manner of backup for the PC running inside the desk. The two USB slots allows you to connect a separate PC to both the front panel and DMX output of the desk. By default, with the switch on the card set to "int", the desk will operate as normal, using the internal PC to drive the hardware. Should the internal PC fail or you suspect it may do, switching the switch to "ext" will allow you to use your externally connected PC to drive the desk hardware instead.
LD Andy

Postby LD Andy » 10 Jul 2006, 10:48

So does this mean I can run my Laptop as a "Backup Console"? Currentlly I am useing my laptop w/ the Pilot, and EZ DMX w/ a (4) universe A B switch as a Backup to the D4. However this setup will not slave the D4 for an instant Backup. How does this interfacee to my laptop? By the way I love the layout of the D4, and the fuctions of the new console.