Time code Problem

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

AndreH

Time code Problem

Postby AndreH » 28 Feb 2017, 04:46

Hi There

So I have this problem I am experiencing with the Titan and Time code. I got this problem on two occasions now, on different consoles (Arena and Mobile). The problem basically comes in when I have a long fade time on my cue, the cue fades for a few seconds, then snaps to its end position. This is very random and not sure what the cause can be, but I have a show that I need long fade times between my cues and it just randomly snaps to the next cue during the fade. There is a few things that I thought can be the cause but was not:

1. There is no overlapping between fade time and cue trigger (I thought the next cue started already, but it did not)
2. The MID somehow caused the problem.

One thing I did noticed, however, is when I disable my timecode and run my cue normally, it works perfectly. as soon as I start to record timecode, then I get this random snaps to the next cue.

If this is a known bug.....PLEASE PLEASE PLease give me a work around as I NEEEEEED this to work for a upcoming DVD shoot
icke_siegen

Re: Time code Problem

Postby icke_siegen » 01 Mar 2017, 12:18

What MIDI device exactly are you using? There was an issue which we (a user from Germany and I, assisted by Ric Salzedo) found a few years back on a MOTU micro express, and as far as i can see this issue has never been solved by MOTU despite us and Avolites reporting it.

The explanation is very much technical, has something to do with MIDI quarter notes which are used in MTC. So, if you are using a MOTU Midi interface, I'd just suggest trying another brand.
AndreH

Postby AndreH » 02 Mar 2017, 13:38

Hi there

Thanx for your reply, however I was using Winamp to record the timecode. However I still had the problem when I disable the winamp timecode and using the internal timecode.
oliverst14

Postby oliverst14 » 13 Apr 2017, 23:02

having exactly the same problem. i have recorded a long fade time and it sometimes completes the fade time but sometimes does not. looks alot like a major bug to me. does someone know where i can report this too and get some 1 to 1 help?

thanks
oliverst14

Postby oliverst14 » 14 Apr 2017, 00:14

i have since recorded a video showing the random nature of this problem. its happening an awful lot but very random. i think we may require some 1 to 1 help with this to show the real problem to someone from avolites as really cant see another reason for such random problems than a bug in the software .

can someone from avo contact me via pm

thanks
clublights

Postby clublights » 18 Apr 2017, 17:37

For olivers problem we seem to have tracked it down to an issue with winamp time code and fade times ....

they work correctly on internal or midi timecode
Simon
Site Admin

Postby Simon » 21 Apr 2017, 11:03

Thanks for tracking this down. We have had similar reports recently when using Winamp. The bug has been logged in our system
Avolites Software Team
Laguii

Postby Laguii » 10 Jul 2017, 21:15

Simon wrote:Thanks for tracking this down. We have had similar reports recently when using Winamp. The bug has been logged in our system

Hello ,
I use titan10.1 one and quartz
The bug comes from winamp or titan?
I did a timecode show this week-end and I found that the times of fade does not fit properly.
Did you find a solution ?
Best regards
clublights

Postby clublights » 10 Jul 2017, 21:18

To the best of my knowledge the issue is with winamp and titan

if using other timecode sources there is no issue.
Laguii

Postby Laguii » 11 Jul 2017, 14:38

Hello, thank you for your answer.
It is very unfortunate not to be able to use winamp in the timcode especially when it is a selling point ...
I hope that a solution will be found quickly because it obliges me to review all my rule ...
I am compelled to put an extra computer with an external midi sound card?

I bought a quartz to reduce my rule and use the timecode of winamp I found it genial !!
false joy . I'm disappointed ...
I have done the update of winamp in 5.666, and since I can not read the wave with ... can be the he has done
cordially
Laguii

Postby Laguii » 13 Jul 2017, 08:56

clublights wrote:To the best of my knowledge the issue is with winamp and titan

if using other timecode sources there is no issue.

Hello,
I want to use me player winamp and internal timecode to drive a cue list.
How to create a macro play / pause button of both drives?
cordially
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 25 Jul 2017, 18:35

If you wanted to try and trigger Winamp to start playing and the internal timecode to start at the same time you could try the following. Patch the Winamp fixture under the manufacturer Nullsoft, the address should be the same as the one configured in the Avolites plugin installed in Winamp. There are macros in the library to start and stop the internal timecode so you could try to use a combination of these to trigger them together. It is likely however that Winamp and the internal clock will not be entirely synchronised and you may also need to try and initialise the start times of both.
oliverst14

Postby oliverst14 » 10 Nov 2017, 21:49

Anyone know if this issue has been sorted?

Thanks
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 10 Nov 2017, 22:52

Sorry, no, there have not been any new software releases since v10.1 to fix this issue.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 11 Nov 2017, 11:44

There is a remote chance for a different attack vector: which kind of audio file are you using? wav, mp3, something else? Another user reported issues with mp3 which he could overcome by using wav. Technically there might be differences in the encoding and in the bit rate... At least it is worth a try.