Can't find one in fixtures list, but it looks like it's in the capture list.

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

kimwida

Can't find one in fixtures list, but it looks like it's in the capture list.

Postby kimwida » 07 Nov 2016, 12:50

I have some moving heads(Briteq : BT-54L3).
When I patched them in "10 DMX, 8bit", they showed on capture.
But they were not working right on the capture. After a long time, I found it only work right with "14 DMX, 8bit".
So does the capture work with only one mode??

Recently, I added some cheap RGBW 8DMX LED PARs without the personality file.
I made it by myself and it worked on real. I was so happy at that time but I couldn't see them on the capture.
So I tried to patch them to "Generic -> RGBW, 8DMX -> x,x,x,D,R,G,B,W".
But they didn't show up on the capture.
Should I request it??

I found similar one in the capture folder.
(C:\Program Files (x86)\Avolites\Titan\FixtureLibrary\Capture\Library\_LightingFixtures\Guangzhou Lumax Lighting\PARs\Lux-184W Led Par RGBW.c2o)
But I couldn't find "Guangzhou Lumax Lighting" in fixtures list when I patched.
I don't know why.
Gregory

Re: Can't find one in fixtures list, but it looks like it's in the capture list.

Postby Gregory » 07 Nov 2016, 15:28

For the Briteq BT-54L3, please submit a bug report via the personality website; as there isn't a separate entry for Capture files use the bug symbol next to the Titan file. It appears to be a problem with the dimmer channel, perhaps due to the smaller mode not containing the Dimmer Speed channel.

The generic personalities, particularly those with unknown channels, will not normally be linked to Capture.

The Capture visualiser and its associated library is a third party component included with our consoles. Where appropriate we match fixtures in Titan personality library to fixtures within Capture. In the case of Guangzhou Lumax Lighting, we have reason to believe that they have been a manufacturer or reseller of copied Avolites consoles and as such we have a policy to not support them in Avolites software.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Can't find one in fixtures list, but it looks like it's in the capture list.

Postby niclights » 07 Nov 2016, 20:33

Re. the BriteQ BT-54L3 there was a channel mapping error in the Titan personality 10 DMX mode. Apologies - this was my mistake. I have now corrected and tested ok in Capture. The revised version should be available in the library from tomorrow morning.

Re. the 8 channel RGBW LED PARs If you want to use a custom personality then you can associate it with the Guangzhou Lumax Lighting Lux-184W LED Par RGBW Capture file by using the following references:

Type ID: 90eec60f-f796-4de7-9dfc-70e16e5bf5f6
Mode ID: ddfe3d83-0b28-4584-99ac-7295285ac0f9

However, please note that this fixture has dimmer on the first channel and not the fourth.
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 08 Nov 2016, 02:19

Thank you guys!!!

"x,x,x,D,R,G,B,W" is the arrangement of my RGBW LED Pars.

And they are just 8 DMX and 8 bit.

What Capture file would you recommand for them???

And how can I associate a custom personality with a specific Capture file??
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 08 Nov 2016, 11:11

Regarding associating Capture files this relies on a combination of a 'Type ID' for the whole fixture and 'Mode ID' for each mode. In Personality Builder the Type ID can be found by expanding the 'AtlaBase Device Information' field in the Fixture properties section. The Mode ID is in the 'AtlaBase Mode ID' field in the Mode properties section.

Unfortunately as far as I can see there are no fixtures in the Titan library that match that attribute order/channel count and I have no way of searching for matches in Capture.

If you have the details of the actual fixture then we could look at adding it and an associated Capture file to the library but we will need some specific information, in particular photometric data (ie. lux/beam angles) and fixture drawings/physical dimensions along with full DMX mapping information. If you can provide this then please submit two separate requests via the form here (one for Titan and one for Capture) including the manufacturer and model names. If you are attaching documents please note only .pdf or .zip formats are permitted. For more information on requesting Capture files please see here. Of course as Gregory mentioned if Avolites believe that the fixture manufacturer (such as 'Guangzhou Lumax Lighting') has been making or selling copies of Avolites consoles then unfortunately it will not be possible to fulfil the request.

Alternatively you could patch some 5 channel fixtures with dimmer,red,green,blue,white which have Capture associations to the appropriate DMX offsets. If the real-world fixtures don't need the first three channels then you could probably just leave it like that and use. Otherwise you could turn off auto-update in Capture, delete the patch and then patch the generic version. There are a large number of suitable fixtures but one example would be 'Showtec Spectral M1000 Tour Q4, mode Ar2.d'. Obviously the photometrics and physical dimensions won't be an accurate simulation but if you just want to see beams/intensities and set colours then it should be adequate.
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 08 Nov 2016, 11:55

Thank you so much!!!

My LED Pars work right in real and they also show on the Capture!!!!

:D :D :D :D