Problem with chase speed

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 07 Apr 2006, 09:41

The truth is I do not know. It is going through final testing at the moment so hopefully it will not be much longer!
Avolites Software Team
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 07 Apr 2006, 11:34

iadwm wrote:
CoenCo wrote:If he may, then I will!!!

mr

ignore me ....i do....can't quite account for that post!
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com
CoenCo

Postby CoenCo » 11 Apr 2006, 17:26

Ollie, how can I apply for beta-testing? As a regular pearl-user with a lot of low-profile shows, I can take the risk of a desk crashing sometimes.
pscandrett

Postby pscandrett » 12 Aug 2006, 18:05

Hi
Olie wrote:This will be fixed in the next version of software.

Is there any news on when this release might be out/the fix is available? Thanks.
--
Freelance lighting designer/op/technician based in Manchester - http://www.scandrett.net/
pscandrett

Avo software update?

Postby pscandrett » 09 Jul 2007, 14:08

pscandrett wrote:Hi

Is there any news on when this release might be out/the fix is available? Thanks.

Hope I'm not being impatient (it is a year since my last post above!) but am I right in thinking there's still no sign of it? The latest software for download still appears to be 2005.

It would be great to have this bug fixed please...

ta

Peter
--
Freelance lighting designer/op/technician based in Manchester - http://www.scandrett.net/
dosx

Re: Avo software update?

Postby dosx » 21 Jun 2008, 22:35

pscandrett wrote:
pscandrett wrote:Hi

Hope I'm not being impatient (it is a year since my last post above!) but am I right in thinking there's still no sign of it? The latest software for download still appears to be 2005.

It would be great to have this bug fixed please...

ta

Peter

Almost another year later... any news?

When I asked one of the guys at AC North, they had no knowledge of this bug, or that there was an bug fix release planned or coming for the Pearl 2000/4/8 desks, has it been dropped?
----------------
James
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 17 Jul 2008, 13:18

The fix is in the Pearl 2008 software. To install this software you requires a USB board upgrade to be fitted.

There are no planned future releases for the Pearl 2004 software. At the point of writing my original message, I was unaware of this and am sorry for any confusion caused.
Avolites Software Team
pscandrett

Postby pscandrett » 20 Jul 2008, 12:44

Olie wrote:The fix is in the Pearl 2008 software. To install this software you requires a USB board upgrade to be fitted.

Thanks for letting us know, although it's really annoying :-(

I'm sure I've read somewhere on the site(s) how to do/whether your Pearl can accept a USB board, but I can't find it for now. Is the USB board expensive? We have a Pearl 2000 (running this problematic 2004 software) - and I can't remember which motherboard, I think it's a Borris2 offhand.

(Incidentally, on the subject of not finding anything - can I suggest that the main avolites site, the download site and the personalities site are all rolled into one, overhauled and given a decent interface please? There are three places to look for support (avolites support section, the avolitesdownload site and the personality library) which are all navigated completely differently and look very different, too. I can't be the only one that finds it difficult to find things... it doesn't help that the navigation on the main site moves around depending on what page you're on...! Ta.)
--