Dimmer curve question

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Branrman

Dimmer curve question

Postby Branrman » 14 Apr 2016, 09:10

Hey guys I'm new to avolites and I need some help. I'm trying to control a hazer, but I need to make a dimmer curve square where the level of the dimmer becomes 100% as soon as it becomes 1%. So I need the dimmer to always be at 100% unless I put it at 0%. At 0% it is off. I was trying to do this on a fader so I can manually control it. So a time I raise the fader the hazer is at 100% anytime the fader is between 1-100%. At 0% it's off. Can I do this easily?
niclights
The eManual

Re: Dimmer curve question

Postby niclights » 14 Apr 2016, 09:33

There's no built-in curve that will do this. You could write a custom curve but seems a bit overkill. I'm wondering if you need it on a fader at all? Why not a latching (or momentary) playback button?
Branrman

Postby Branrman » 15 Apr 2016, 06:49

Would the momentary playback allow me to manually control the dimmer even with another playback being used at the same time? Sorry, I'm a noob
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 15 Apr 2016, 09:55

Sorry, I don't really understand what you are asking. It sounded like you had a smoke machine that you want to be able to have on full or nothing. You could record this to one of the playback handles in the playbacks window and set the button action to latch (default) or flash (for momentary). I'm confused why you would want it on a fader at all.
Branrman

Postby Branrman » 17 Apr 2016, 07:47

I'm sorry. I wasn't quite sure how to explain it. I do want the smoke machine at full or nothing. I didn't know what was the best way to do it. But I will put it as a latch. Cause that seems easier for me. Thank you
darrellco

Postby darrellco » 30 Jul 2019, 20:51

niclights wrote:There's no built-in curve that will do this. You could write a custom curve but seems a bit overkill. I'm wondering if you need it on a fader at all? Why not a latching (or momentary) playback button?

Another Newbie. How would you program a LATCHING PLAYBACK BUTTON? Using Titan 11 on a Quartz. Basically needing to turn a snow machine on/off (it has no dmx)
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 30 Jul 2019, 22:09

You will be amazed to learn Latch is the default behaviour for playbacks in the Playbacks workspace window as well as on the 'top-right twenty' static playbacks - just record a cue there and try it out.