Switch between colours on playbacks

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Avljud

Switch between colours on playbacks

Postby Avljud » 21 Mar 2016, 16:36

Hi,

I have 20 Led pair cans in a cuelist with different colours on playback 1. On playback 2 I have a colour chase and on plackback 3 I have a strobe in white. If I have activated playback 1 and pressing the flash button on playback 3 the strobe overlays perfectly. But when I'm releasing the flash button all lights turns into white. Is there a smooth way to get around this so when I'm releasing flash button it releases all it's values on that channel? Same thing about the colour chase.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Switch between colours on playbacks

Postby niclights » 21 Mar 2016, 18:02

Set the release mask to include colour on playbacks 2 and 3.
Avljud

Postby Avljud » 22 Mar 2016, 10:44

Ok! Thank you, I will try that. So I can include anything I want from the attribute in the release mask? If I get it right?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 22 Mar 2016, 11:36

Attribute mask works by attribute group (ie. IPCGBES). By default all attribute groups will be excluded for any given playback. If you include a group, when the playback is killed, any associated controls assigned to that group will be released to the values in the last playback fired that also contained those controls (or quick palettes where there are no active playbacks). If there are no active playbacks and no quick palettes (ie. the fixtures have been selected/cleared) then the controls will return to locate values unless the release setting [Release to Home] is set to disabled.
Avljud

Postby Avljud » 22 Mar 2016, 17:36

Thank you!
Avljud

Postby Avljud » 23 Mar 2016, 14:25

Hi again,

I've been trying with the release mask and it works fine, but how do you release the intensity of playback 1 when fire the chase on playback 2 with the flash button? I've recorded some led cans with 100% dimmer and some with 0% in a chase. Playback 1 is activated and i want playback 2 to take over while i'm hitting the button or move up the fader.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 23 Mar 2016, 15:45

Dimmers work as HTP (highest takes precedence). To kill other intensities either use a button assigned as swop (default for blue keys on cues and chases) or set the playback to mode 3 (crossfade). In both cases this will cause all other intensities to go to zero/fade out proportionally for playbacks that are the same or lower priority. If you need to keep some dimmers on either include them in the playback or set an active playback containing them to a higher priority.
Avljud

Postby Avljud » 23 Mar 2016, 17:09

Ok thanks! Well I see. Otherwise wouldn't it be possible to record a macro that kills the first playback and fire the second playback with the chase and than record another macro that do the other way around?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 23 Mar 2016, 18:13

Yes, you could do things with macros too. Depends what you are trying to achieve. But if it was just a momentary solo then swop is easy!
Avljud

Postby Avljud » 25 Mar 2016, 09:33

It's a band that will act on stage and I've never heard of them and I haven't got so much information. So I would like to have a cuelist with different colours on a playback and effects, strobe, chases etc. on other playbacks so I can make changes live.

If I get it right I just use the swoop button to kill the intensity and than fire the chase I want to?

Thanks for all help!
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 28 Mar 2016, 13:41

Have a play and see I guess. There are lots of ways of doing things. Personally when busking I tend to have intensities and maybe shapes on faders (to control size/speed) with everything else like colours coming from palettes. But other people like to have cuelists for colours etc. Try and see what suits you.