Simulator, A couple of things. . . .

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Pheamer

Simulator, A couple of things. . . .

Postby Pheamer » 10 Mar 2006, 13:33

Hi guys,

I recently downloaded the simulator and visuallisor, and having been using both to preplot some stuff for gigs. I find them easy to use, and it's great having the ability to program without a desk.

Anyhow, there a couple of things that I'm not sure about.

Is there anyway to move more than one preset fader at a time on the simulator when 'rehearsing' shows? Ie two faders next to each other?

Also, are there personality files avaliable for pixel line range stuff including battens? Whats the best way to simulate that?

And Finally, are there any models, or set elements avaliable to download and import from anywhere?

Thanks, and look forward to a reply.
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 12 Mar 2006, 16:44

Hi Pheamer,

You can't move more than one fader at a time. But a virtual 'fader group' would be handy...

As for the Pixelline, try this...

http://avolitesshop.co.uk/phpBB3/viewto ... ersonality

Funny you should ask about Visualiser set elements....I've been talking to Olie about this and there will be a download section added to the website at some point. I believe it's in the hands of the website designers at this moment. Building detailed elements in Vis is very time consuming, so if other users don't mind sharing the creations, we can all enjoy better looking Vis stages.

In the meantime, pm me with your email and I'll send you some text I've prepared on the subject.

Regards,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com
Ed

Postby Ed » 13 Mar 2006, 09:29

hi Andy,

Vis 7.10 Has been put up with the web. It now installs an extra folder called objects that contains a few CSV files that people can work with. It also installs the CSV file exporter from now on.

The vis personality installer now updates objects as well as personalities and extensions. Your article has also been put up and you can see a link to it under the "links" section of the visualiser page.

Visualiser page:
http://www.avolitesdownload.com/Downloa ... aliser.stm

CSV objects in Visualiser:
http://www.avolitesdownload.com/downloa ... sercsv.stm

So just to be clear, objects are downloaded by downloading and running the personalities Installer.

Thanks for the article Andy,

Ed
Avolites Software Team
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 16 Mar 2006, 00:34

Excellent timing!

So to 'share' a new object - it should be emailed to you/Olie and then you will add it the Objects file in the personalities Installer for distribution.
Is that how it will work?

Regards,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"

John Peel

www.iadwm.com
Ed

Postby Ed » 16 Mar 2006, 09:54

Yep!

For now it will at least, but we may come up with a better way of doing it in the future
Avolites Software Team
Ed

Postby Ed » 30 Mar 2006, 17:33

You can now submit CSV files for inclusion in the visualiser Personalities Updater by This link

Ed
Avolites Software Team