Pearl 2000 with MACs / HTP&LTP problem???

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Extreme

Pearl 2000 with MACs / HTP&LTP problem???

Postby Extreme » 15 Feb 2006, 14:01

First of all i have to say im not very experienced with moving lights with Pearl and im not sure if this is a problem at all, maybe it's just that i did something wrong. =) Well anyway, i'd like know why things went like they did...

Here's what i wanted to do and what happened:

I wanted to record different positions, different colors and different effects on separate playbacks. Example: Playback 1 is position 1, PB 2 is pos 2 and so on, and for example colors red, white and blue are playbacks 13-15. I also did two playbacks for controlling the shutter (open/closed)

Playbacks for positions contained only info for pan/tilt, and color PB's contained info only for color attribute. Or atleast so i thought. When recording the playbacks i didn't even touch (activate) the other attributes but the corresponding attribute for the playback. And between recording the playbacks i located the MACs and cleared the programmer ans so on.

...so this setup didn't work at all. The positions worked out fine, but every time i wanted to change a color via color playback all the macs "homed". Same thing happened with all the other effects like shutter movements and gobos. For some reason the playbacks for example color contained the info for every attribute.

I know it's a different desk, but i did all the above with Grand MA Light and it just simply worked. Now i would like to know how these things go with Pearl 2k. =)

Thanks in advance!
CoenCo

Postby CoenCo » 15 Feb 2006, 14:31

I advise you to check the user setting "record by:"
if it's record by fixture, the desk behaves like you just described
if it's record by channel, the desk will do what you want it to

good luck
iadwm

Re: Pearl 2000 with MACs / HTP&LTP problem???

Postby iadwm » 16 Feb 2006, 11:35

[quote="Extreme"]
I wanted to record different positions, different colors and different effects on separate playbacks. Example: Playback 1 is position 1, PB 2 is pos 2 and so on, and for example colors red, white and blue are playbacks 13-15. I also did two playbacks for controlling the shutter (open/closed)

quote]

Forgive me for also adding, that working like this is not the most useful use of PB's on a Pearl. Now I don't know how many fixtures you were using or the size of the show and this was probably the most convenient method at the time. But you should try using Palettes. You will use less PB's (crucial when you start using larger number of fixtures), you will be able to busk the show (if you need to) and you will be able to update the show (should you need to) considerably more conveniently.

A small show with a few fixtures, is the ideal time to get the Palette methodology fixed as a programming technique.

Regards,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 17 Feb 2006, 09:44

Sounds like you would find a Pearl training course useful.

As pointed out previously you where in Record by Fixture mode and you wanted to be in Record by Channel. The desk defaults to Record by Fixture, as for new operators this offers the best chance of not getting confused. It is sometimes a little difficult for new operators to grasp the concept of Record by Channel.
Avolites Software Team