Re-licencing titan mobile

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

julian_lights

Re-licencing titan mobile

Postby julian_lights » 18 Mar 2014, 17:05

Hello,
Could anyone explain to me what the token file is,? and where to find it on my pc? Used in appling for a licence.
I have downloaded titan v7.4, now my mobile dosen't work??
When i start the software i get dongle not found.
Yes i have titan mobile connected to the pc, it used to work great with v7.2.
Can anyone help, got a gig at the weekend.
Julian
Gregory

Re: Re-licencing titan mobile

Postby Gregory » 18 Mar 2014, 17:33

After running the upgrade installer the firmware of the Titan Mobile must be updated:
  1. With the software not running and the Titan Mobile connected.
  2. Go to Start > Programs > Avolites > USB Expert Console.
  3. In USB Expert Console select Tools > Acw Service > Start, items should appear in the Connected Panels box.
  4. From the right hand side, select the Service tab.
  5. Under Auto Update it will show the panels that have updates available.
  6. Press the Update Now button to start the process, it will automatically update each panel in turn.
  7. Once the process has finished, close USB Expert Console and start up the Titan Mobile software.
The token file required by the website must be exported from the Titan Mobile software. When a screen appears saying Activation Required! press the button Request Licence followed by Full Licence. It will then give you the option to save the token file to a folder, once done you can attach the token to the request form.

If the software is already licensed with a temporary licence you can go to System mode and select Enter New Licence from the softkeys to export the token or update the licence.
julian_lights

Postby julian_lights » 19 Mar 2014, 14:33

Thanks gregory,
That's worked for my windows 7 laptop.
Julian
Gaztech

Postby Gaztech » 29 Mar 2017, 09:30

Hi,

Either I'm being stupid or something is amiss somewhere (I suspect it's the former)... anyway, I just purchased a new Titan mobile. Need to use it tomorrow so I thought it best to get a temporary licence to get it up and running then apply for the full one.

Installed the temporary licence first. all went well Unit is working fine. So, I then went back to the website to get the full one (I can wait a few days for that, no problem). However, as the software now has a licence key I don't get the licence screen come up to get the "Full Licence" option. I read somewhere on here that you need to export the key file and to get it you need to go to System, Select Enter New licence from the softkeys to export the licence. Huh? If I go to system there doesn't seem to be an option for enter a new licence.

It may be there buried somewhere but I can't find it. What am I doing wrong? I tried to use the ID file that I used for the temporary licence but it wont' have that so how can I apply for the full licence? Do I have to wait until the temporary one has expired and then go through the full procedure again? (No problem with that but this process isn't very clear).

I quick run down on what I'm doing wrong would be very useful.

Thanks.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 29 Mar 2017, 17:50

In System mode there is a softkey for Enter New Licence which will take you back to the licensing screens where you can export the token file and load a new licence.