Release Mask per cue, delay when effects in a chase.

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

NE5534

Release Mask per cue, delay when effects in a chase.

Postby NE5534 » 28 May 2013, 15:48

Hi again,

Sorry for all the questions!

Is there a function to have a release mask for each cue in a chase?

Also, if I have a chase in which one of the cues has a "shape" why is there a delay before it begins? If I don't link the cues and set "Delay in" to 0 there is no delay and it works fine. However, if the delay in is 0 when using the cue list as a chase (cues linked) the cue list passes over the cue in "0" seconds. Any ideas?

Cheers
niclights
The eManual

Re: Release Mask per cue, delay when effects in a chase.

Postby niclights » 28 May 2013, 16:25

It is not possible to set release per cue yet. However, this is a popular request and hopefully can be scheduled for a future version.

Regarding shapes in chases I don't think I help much more than to say that they just don't work very well at all. This is something that needs improving at some point. In the meantime I would suggest using autoload in cuelists instead, whether that is autoloading a playback containing the cue shape, a playback containing the chase or both.
NE5534

Postby NE5534 » 28 May 2013, 16:57

niclights wrote:they just don't work very well at all.

Eloquently put!

Thank you. The more I explore the software the more I'm finding things that don't work as I expect them to.

At the moment I'm trying to work out why when I program a chase it seems to record intensity information unless the fixture is actually off. If the fixture is "located" (so outputting light but the dimmer/shutter is not in the programmer) the chase records intensity information. If a playback which just turns on the fixtures is selected then the chase, again, records intensity information. Here's the magic bit - even when I view each cue and and set the dimmer and shutter channel to "[Off]" there is STILL intensity information stored somewhere in the cue! I don't want intensity information on anything other than the playback that controls the intensity for the fixture in question.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 28 May 2013, 17:10

Can you describe the steps to reproduce this?

Just tried it, created a colour chase - in quick build as well as 'by standard' - without problem. Note that you need to set Record mode=Channel - else, ALL attributes of the fixtures will go in the chase.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 28 May 2013, 17:55

Almost certainly record mode as Sebastian says.

The issue with turning intensities off is known and fixed in v7.
NE5534

Postby NE5534 » 28 May 2013, 20:56

Yup, it was record mode.

Thank you. Slowly getting to grips with the software. It's pretty big :)
htevents

Postby htevents » 19 Nov 2018, 14:41

A bump of a very old topic, but is release mask per cue a function already in the Titan software?

I want a cue list or chase where in cue 1 the odd fixtures are in a set color (let's say yellow) and the even fixtures are in the global color from the quick pallate (let's say blue). And cue 2 it should be the oposite.
With the playback release mask, I can only release after the last cue and not between cue 1 and 2, so now when I fire the cue list, the odd fixtures turn yellow and the even fixtures stay blue (cue 1), but when I press GO (to cue 2), the odd fixtures won't release, so the even fixtures turn yellow, but the odd fixtures also stay yellow. Then when I press GO again to fire cue 1, cue 2 releases fine and the even fixtures turn blue again. I want cue 1 to release it's color when pressing GO to fire cue 2 in the list. I hope this is clearly explained.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 19 Nov 2018, 16:54

Yes. There has been a function to do this for some time now - [Playback Options], [Release], [Cue Release On]. Just ensure there are no values in the cue that you want to go back to quick palette. For example cue 1 = just odd fixtures in yellow and cue 2 = just the even fixtures in yellow.