Saving a show from Simulator

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Pogo

Saving a show from Simulator

Postby Pogo » 20 Mar 2007, 11:39

I am off on a tour abroad, where I will be using a Pearl. I decided that rather than moving my own Pearl 2004 around with me, I would program up most of my show on the Simulator/Visualiser. All was going fine until I tried to save the show I was working on, to a folder on my laptop. This caused the following error.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Buffer overrun detected!

Program: .....Files\Avolites\Pearl 2004 Simulator\Pearl.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I reopened the program I found it had reverted back to the previous session I had been working on, losing 4 hours of programming. :(

My laptop is running Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2, AMD Turion 64 Mobile 1.59 GHz, with 896MB of RAM, and the simulator is V1.2.

Any ideas?
Pogo

Postby Pogo » 30 Mar 2007, 15:52

I think I've found the answer to my own question!
I was showing somebody else the problem I'd encountered, when to my surprise, the show saved!
The only difference this time, to the previous attempts, was that I didn't have the visualiser open as well.

I tried again with the visualiser open, and the fault re-occured.

Tried again with the visualiser closed, and hey presto!!!!

One other bug seems to be that every time I enter a number in as a legend it comes out twice?