Delete palettes in pearl simulator

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Joebob

Delete palettes in pearl simulator

Postby Joebob » 01 Mar 2007, 08:54

Hi all

I tried yesterday to remove some palettes from the pearl simulator, but the only way i found was to wipe all. when i tried to remove with delete button it doesn't work. even with wipe palettes.

when i go in focus pages , the palettes are still there.

my problems is that i modified the palettes in my personality files. when i load the focus palettes during the patching , it doesn't replace the previous one . but nevertheless it does not works.

what should i do to remove the previous palettes without doing a wipe all?.

else i would like to know if it's possible to reload a personality file without removing all instances of it ,and then repatch it with the new file.

many thanks
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 01 Mar 2007, 13:18

Works here:

Key to program
[Delete]
Press relevant Preset Add button twice.

Palette is removed along with legending.

You cannot remove palettes via the softbuttons and I don't think there is currently a way to delete palettes 121-200.

Can you confirm how you were trying to remove and whether there is any other factor that might prevent - ie. I did not test setting legend for palette page or by particular fixture type, other fixture pages (used 0) etc?

There is no way to replace a personality/move its handle without losing all programming. The only repatching you can do is to change start address of a fixture.
Joebob

Postby Joebob » 02 Mar 2007, 09:52

Hi

I did like you describe. and i thinks it works

the problem is when i remove a fixture from my patch (all instances), and then i patch again the same fixture with an updated personality file.

I load the focuses palettes , then after , it seems they're not loaded.

and the legend in palettes pages remain the same than before.

i'm sure my personality file is correct , because when i wipe all , and i patch my fixture , everything works perfectly.

I understand there is now way to replace a fixture , so I found in the system mode /utilities / update personality, what is it used for?

many thanks for your replies.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 02 Mar 2007, 14:01

You can use System/Utilities/Update Personalilty to add Range Table data.

I'm not sure if it can be used to make any other changes. I'm fairly certain you cannot use it to change PF Table for instance, but this function existed long before range tables were available on the Pearl, so erm... ?

I don't have time to look into your delete fixtures/patch fixture problem at the moment. This is quite complex to test though I think I understand what you are doing. Hopefully someone else can add to this. If not just remind me next week!
Joebob

Postby Joebob » 07 Mar 2007, 09:59

Okay, thanks nic.

i'll check for Update personality.

i still bother with my palettes not working . i thinks for future i'll try to have my personalities correct when i patch , then i won't need to update it.